Old F&SM Photos

Started by ACL1504, September 05, 2021, 11:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernd

Love those draw bridge pictures. Nice job cleaning up those photos. It takes time to do that right.

Is there any articles on when he started this layout? I did see some articles way back in the model magazines but nothing extensive. It seemed like he just pop on to the modeling scene.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

ACL1504

Quote from: Bernd on September 07, 2021, 05:30:21 PM
Love those draw bridge pictures. Nice job cleaning up those photos. It takes time to do that right.

Is there any articles on when he started this layout? I did see some articles way back in the model magazines but nothing extensive. It seemed like he just pop on to the modeling scene.

Bernd

Bernd,

Thank you. The drawbridge photos were mixed in the file and are not old photos. These were taken a few years ago and should not have been included. However, I'm going to leave them for now.

I believe George started building the F&SM in 1983 or 1986, can't remember. Allen Keller did three VHS tapes of the F&SM. George has been on the modeling scene for some 40 years.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

This next photo is an old one and not one of those shown above.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The old farm scene is one of my favorites on the F&SM.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Continuing with the old F&SM photos.

This next photo shows the tracks George prepared for the first Allen Keller VHs tape. He is showing the weathering and how he added the ballast.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com