Old F&SM Photos

Started by ACL1504, September 05, 2021, 11:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Hey John.....it seems that when we see the great layouts out there, it's all in the details.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

tom.boyd.125

Tom,
Never get tried at seeing the work of a master modeler.
Pics old or new are always inspiring to look at.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bernd on September 13, 2021, 08:52:10 PM
I've come to the conclusion after seeing all these wonderful pictures of George's layout. That if you only build one layout and spend what ever years detailing it the way George did, you would get a layout like this.

Just tremendous. Thanks for taking the time to post them. They are very inspiring.

Bernd

Bernd,

The layout is truly a work of art. I really enjoyed my visit. You are very welcome and I'm happy to share them with everyone.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on September 15, 2021, 03:17:31 AM
Hey Tom:

thanks for posting all the great F&SM pics. I always love seeing Georges RR. It's one of the Best.

Karl

Karl,

You are very welcome my friend.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

John,

I agree 100% with your thoughts. It is a fantastic layout and the level of detail is sometimes mind boggling. I've viewed the layout in person and looked at thousands of photos and like you I still find stuff I didn't see before.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on September 15, 2021, 07:41:18 AM
Hey John.....it seems that when we see the great layouts out there, it's all in the details.  8)

At the detail are fantastic.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on September 15, 2021, 01:21:59 PM
Tom,
Never get tried at seeing the work of a master modeler.
Pics old or new are always inspiring to look at.
Tommy

Tommy,

One can literally spend several minutes on each photo to see all the details in the scene. Thanks for stopping by and for the personal note you sent, much appreciated.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Thanks for posting Tom.....I'm enjoying seeing photos of some of the areas of his layout that I have not seen photos of before.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Greg,

You are very welcome. This was a nice find.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com