Sunday, September 12, 2021

Started by ACL1504, September 12, 2021, 08:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Morning all,

Nothing new here. Plans are working on the layout.

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Keep It Rusty

Morning all.

Tom, nice photo. I just picked up one of these old Chooch Drug Stores on eBay!

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Good morning! We are having some beautiful weather here the last few days. This is my favorite time of the year. I hope everyone has a great day.  From the F&SM:

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Opa George

Beautifully cool weekend here. We enjoyed a Saturday evening fire in the backyard with the Phillies on the radio and woke up to a sunny but still cool Sunday morning.

Later today I am one of three tour guides leading groups through Harrisburg Cemetery. Been doing this annually for nearly 30 years. It is a beautiful and historic location--a real gem hidden in the middle of the city.
https://www.campcurtin.org/

Stay well!
--Opa George

George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

Raymo

Morning, spent most of yesterday at the ER. I was diagnosed with a bladder infection. Two steps forward, 9 steps back...😟

BandOGuy

Quote from: Opa George on September 12, 2021, 09:17:54 AM
Beautifully cool weekend here. We enjoyed a Saturday evening fire in the backyard with the Phillies on the radio and woke up to a sunny but still cool Sunday morning.

Later today I am one of three tour guides leading groups through Harrisburg Cemetery. Been doing this annually for nearly 30 years. It is a beautiful and historic location--a real gem hidden in the middle of the city.

Stay well!
--Opa George

Wish I had known about this earlier. My Dad's side of the family is from Harrisburg. One of my ancestors designed the old county courthouse in Harrisburg.
Haven't figured out what kind of trouble is available for today.
Stay cool and healthy all.

Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

My calendar says Sept 12.   :)   Keep progressing, Dan.  The urinary infection hopefully clears quickly.  Hawkeyes won yesterday in the rivaly game against Iowa State.  First NFL Sunday of the year today.  Go Pats!

Jeff

ACL1504

Quote from: Keep it Rusty on September 12, 2021, 08:29:18 AM
Morning all.

I just picked up one of these old Chooch Drug Stores on eBay!

Craig,

Great find.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: Raymo on September 12, 2021, 09:29:50 AM
Morning, spent most of yesterday at the ER. I was diagnosed with a bladder infection. Two steps forward, 9 steps back...😟

Dan

Get well soon! Thoughts and prayers from here.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Opa George

Quote from: BandOGuy on September 12, 2021, 09:57:34 AM
Quote from: Opa George on September 12, 2021, 09:17:54 AM

Stay well!
--Opa George

Wish I had known about this earlier. My Dad's side of the family is from Harrisburg. One of my ancestors designed the old county courthouse in Harrisburg.
Haven't figured out what kind of trouble is available for today.
Stay cool and healthy all.

Wow, very cool!  Was it the very first courthouse (attributed to William Glass) or the 1860 version built in the same spot by architects Samual Holman and Daniel Wilt? That one survived well into the 20th century before a new "modern" one was built on Front Street.  If Holman and Wilt, I believe both are buried in Hbg Cemetery. I know I have seen Holman's grave, but would have to look for Wilt's grave, if he is also there.

--George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

ACL1504

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on September 12, 2021, 09:58:11 AM
Morning, all.

My calendar says Sept 12.   :)   

Jeff

Dr. Jeff,

Mine does as well. Guess I was thinking about yesterday this morning.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey All:

Had A good weekend here in Lansdale Pa Also.

Karl