George's Layout visit (FSM) 9-18-2021

Started by Dennis Bourey, September 19, 2021, 08:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Bourey

George's Layout visit (FSM) 9-18-2021

Hi Everyone, My visit to the great Franklin and South Manchester RR. Enjoy The Picture's. And I met Craig and I'm Glad I can finally know one of the guy's with all that talent. Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Raymo

Sorry I didn't get to say Hi yesterday Dennis, but seeing you only had 3 hours to take it in you didn't miss anything with my foolishness.. ;D

Dennis Bourey

George Has a 2nd volume book, But was never published. It's about a inch thick with ton's of pic's and info.  :'(
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Dennis Bourey

Thanks Guy's. Was That you Raymo talking to Craig yesterday?
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Dennis

Thank you for posting the pictures.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Raymo

Dennis Bourey

Thank's John, I got something like 600 pic's and video's. But can't seem to get video's loaded.
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Dennis

I read your discussion with Craig about not seeing Swankhammer's.  Some where in the archives I have a picture of it when it was on the F&SM. In the area that is now Franklin.  George told me the story of how someone came in and offered him a bunch of money for it and three other builds he had in the area. So the prototype for Swankhammer's is not on the layout and we have fisherman's row in its place.  I will try to find the picture.  I just remembered that one of the other builds in that group that was sold was G. Wiliker's. 
John Siekirk

Bernd

Dennis,

Great over all shots. The detail shots are great but getting an over all view of the layout is great. Would love to see it in person.

Thanks for the pics. Hope you can get videos loaded. Love to see those.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

Dennis Bourey

Bernard, I'll do my best. Not sure how to load the videos with a 1 meg limit? I have lot's more of the overall view. Will post all is there's enough room here?  lol kidding. Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Dennis Bourey

John, If no ones seen this layout? I suggest going. It is much better in person and George and his wife are wonderful people.
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Quote from: Dennis Bourey on September 19, 2021, 10:18:27 AM
John, If no ones seen this layout? I suggest going. It is much better in person and George and his wife are wonderful people.

Dennis

I felt the same way when I saw it for the first time many years ago (back in the last century, lol) and I still leave feeling inspired to work on my own layout every time I visit.  I try to get there every couple of years and George always has more layout and lots of changes to the old layout for me to find. George and Cathy are wonderful people.
John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

(George and Cathy are wonderful people.)

John Yes they are.
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

ACL1504

Dennis,

Thanks for taking the time to post your photos. I was last there in 2016 and I see many changes to the scenery and structures.

I see Thom Drigger's (tct855) passenger cars and steam locos are on display also. He is the Master Painter behind most of the FS&M locos and passenger equipment if not all.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com