FOS' Pub Crawl Build

Started by ACL1504, September 20, 2021, 06:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Four of the signs on the Pub Crawl are supposed to be metal or old porcelain signs. I'll weather them are old porcelain signs.

I mentioned earlier that I drifted on the nail holes on the right end of the building. This bar is  Leo's Watering Hole. Leo has a big ego so I made the sign to fit Leo's ego  and cover the drifted nail holes.

I copied it to Word, enlarged it to fit the space and then printed it.

Continued -

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I glued the four signs to a piece of folder paper and let dry. When dry, the signs were cut out and 2X2 framing was glued to the outer edges of the signs.

I used Floquil ATSF Mineral Brown for Leo's to match the door and Floquil Weathered Black for the other three.

The signs were set aside for weathering later.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

you are quit welcome. Can't wait to see what you do with the signs.

Karl

tom.boyd.125

Tom...
Don't forget a Pepsi sign too...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Bruce Oberleitner

Hey Tom!  Let me know when that "Beached Whale Ale House" opens up would you?   While I am sure that they don't serve Diet Pepsi there, I am sure I can still find something else to drink in the place.

P.S.  The build looks great as usual. 

8) 8) :o

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on October 20, 2021, 04:07:52 PM
Hey Tom:

you are quit welcome. Can't wait to see what you do with the signs.

Karl

Karl,

I'm going to treat them as metal signs with rust and maybe a bullet hole or two.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on October 24, 2021, 11:28:15 AM
Tom...
Don't forget a Pepsi sign too...
Tommy

Tommy,

I do have a few Diet Pepsi signs to add! 8)

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on October 24, 2021, 12:11:17 PM
Hey Tom!  Let me know when that "Beached Whale Ale House" opens up would you?   While I am sure that they don't serve Diet Pepsi there, I am sure I can still find something else to drink in the place.

P.S.  The build looks great as usual. 

8) 8) :o

Bober,

No problem my friend. The sign should read "Beached Whale Diet Pepsi House." All Tahope drinking establishments sell Diet Pepsi.

Thanks for the kind compliment.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Late afternoon all! As usual I'm about 40+ photos behind on this build thread.

The truth is that with the upcoming heart surgery, I'm finding it very hard to stay focused and interested in all things related to railroad modeling.

I hope to try and update the build tomorrow afternoon.

I'll feel much better once I get a date for the procedure so I can then get my mind set on recovery and rehab. And, of course back to building the empire!

Tom  ;D

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

Tom,

I think the most difficult thing for me to encounter is uncertainty.  It seems that regardless of how negative or damaging something we face might be, once it is known we can accept it as part of life and make a plan to move forward.  Not knowing...like a black hole that eats at us mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.  Rest assured you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.  I'm sure that the same is true of members of this group as well.  Hang in there my friend, better days are ahead!

Looking forward to the update on this build.
Jerry

craftsmankits

Wishing you all the best, and a speedy recovery, then back to the empire!  Mark

PaulS

Quote from: jerryrbeach on October 27, 2021, 08:18:32 PM
Tom,

I think the most difficult thing for me to encounter is uncertainty.  It seems that regardless of how negative or damaging something we face might be, once it is known we can accept it as part of life and make a plan to move forward.  Not knowing...like a black hole that eats at us mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.  Rest assured you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.  I'm sure that the same is true of members of this group as well.  Hang in there my friend, better days are ahead!

Could not have said it any better than Jerry did here.
All the best Tom and in our thoughts here as well for a speedy and full recovery !!
--Paul
Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway

GPdemayo

I seem to remember stories about the Coke people coming into Tahope to strong arm the businesses into selling their products. Back in the day, Coke wasn't ever accused of being choir boys with some of the tactics they used to eliminate the competition.

Maybe Bill can refresh out memories about the goings on during those times..... ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: jerryrbeach on October 27, 2021, 08:18:32 PM
Tom,

Jerry,

Well said for sure. I'll have a better idea sometime next week. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers and the support.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: craftsmankits on October 27, 2021, 11:13:06 PM
Wishing you all the best, and a speedy recovery, then back to the empire!  Mark

Mark,

Thank you very much for the support.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com