Wednesday October 20th

Started by PRR Modeler, October 20, 2021, 06:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrmueller

Happy Anniversary Tom and Spouse. Sleep is tending to be earatic these days. "It's a beautiful day...." As Fi Cavaleri and The Rascals sang. Fi and I were in Pelham High School together as well belonging to a garage band. He went on to graduate from that music school I can't remember in NYC.  Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

ReadingBob

Happy Anniversary Tommy!  :D

John - PI stands for Program Increment and PI Planning is one of the SAFE/Agile "ceremonies".  We spend the better part of three days in meetings planning our work for the next twelve weeks (broken down in two week increments).  It's mind numbing, boring and a giant pain the derriere.  On top of that once we finish and get a plan that's approved it's a sure bet that something high priority will crop up within a week or two that throws the plan into disarray.   >:(
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Opa George

Happy anniversary, Tom! 

--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

deemery

The worst case of 'mandatory training' I saw was in a major defense/aircraft company that has been in the news lately.  About 15 years ago, they had major ethical problems at the senior executive level, CEO was fired-for-cause, and a VP was sent to prison.  As a result, all the minions had to take "corporate ethics training."  But they had to do that on their Own Time, the company provided no charge number for the hour it took to listen to the dumb-assed video.

I have near total distain for "Agile"...

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Zephyrus52246

Happy Anniversary, Tommy!

Jeff

S&S RR

Happy Anniversary Tommy and Mrs.

Thank you for the explanation Bob.  We are very agile here on the S&S RR - change the plan almost every day.  ;)
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

PaulS

Quote from: S&S RR on October 20, 2021, 04:51:19 PM
Happy Anniversary Tommy and Mrs.

Thank you for the explanation Bob.  We are very agile here on the S&S RR - change the plan almost every day.  ;)
And John your Agility shows through with a beautiful layout and the approach you have for incorporating your beautiful structures into the S&S.   Keep up the great work.

Have a good evening all, and sure hope Bob was able to stay awake for the entire PI session.  1 day down Bob and two to go!
Cheers,
--Paul

Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway