Wednesday the 27th of October

Started by Raymo, October 27, 2021, 07:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

Morning and a belated Happy Birthday tp Reading Bob! Tried to do some painting yesterday with mixed results.  I use TruColor that should dry glossy, but dried dead flat like Floquil. Some of the vehicles even started to blush (autobody shop term) where the paint turned white. It had to be the humidity in the air from the rain we we're having even though it was in the low 50's. TruColor sells a "retarder" that slows the drying time that helped with some pieces, but I ended giving up.

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Happy belated B-D to Bob!  I've only used the TruColor on a freight car (resin) and had no problems.  Did you use their thinner, Dan?  I'm off today after a bad Monday and not so bad Tuesday at work.  I think the worst of our present spike is over, hopefully.  Nothing planned here for today.

Jeff

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Raymo

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on October 27, 2021, 08:09:26 AM
Morning, all.

Happy belated B-D to Bob!  I've only used the TruColor on a freight car (resin) and had no problems.  Did you use their thinner, Dan?  I'm off today after a bad Monday and not so bad Tuesday at work.  I think the worst of our present spike is over, hopefully.  Nothing planned here for today.

Jeff
No I don't Jeff. I use acetone I get at the local hardware store and have rarely had a problem. I'm sure it was the humidity in the air..

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

I had 2 3/4" of rain in my rain gauge this morning.  The ground is w-e-t!  Looks like I'll be wearing boots while I am outside. 

I've been painting a few figures while I work on some finishing touches for a couple building interiors.  Pics sometime in the next month or two, I'm a slow worker.  ;D ;D

Everyone have a great day!
Jerry

vinceg

Good morning. Nostalgia day for me today. Having lunch with a couple of colleagues from a previous job. They're still working (insert Nelson's "ha ha" here).

Other than that, help the missus in the garden and workin' on the railroad.

Cheers.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

Jim Donovan

Good Morning

Need to get some yard work done today. Then work on layout wiring. Nothing else on schedule. Have a great day.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

PRR Modeler

Good Morning,

Another lousy night of sleep and my back started hurting yesterday while at the school. I guess too much bending down and lifting. It's not as bad as when I was working but I definitely feel it.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

Morning all,

Nothing new to report here. Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

H. Zane layout -

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MAP

Good morning!  The rain & wind has finally left.  Only lost power for a minute yesterday, but enough to have to reset the clocks.  Been shredding paper most of the morning in an effort to clean up my home desk.  I'll continue with my hobby desk tomorrow....it's a MESS!
Mark

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Rain is coming and off to pack orders with the spouse.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

ReadingBob

Afternoon all,

Thanks, Gents, for the birthday wishes.  After two glorious days it's back to the grind today.  The fact that I had to say "Afternoon all" tells you what kind of day it's been so far.  ::)

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.