Saturday, Nov 6th

Started by cuse, November 06, 2021, 06:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuse

Morning All,

Yesterday, I dove into the rabbit hole of re-organizing all of my train stuff storage. I didn't throw out much, but I've got it all nicely organized in labeled storage crates beneath the layout and on a couple of shelves in the closet. The biggest improvement was clearing off the workbench (in my layout room -really more of a glass desk) to prepare for some kit building. Based on what I see on here, most of us thrive on organized chaos at our workbenches, but I'm drawn to a more clean, undistracted work area as my mind is already a chaotic beehive. So, I'm trying to limit what's at hand (and in obvious sight) to what I use often and hiding away things like replacement blades and duplicate tools or rarely used specialized stuff. Everything is nearby and easily accessible, just not in my face. Again, nothing revolutionary, I just figured it might be kind of unusual to most of you...Most of the pics show racks and racks of paints, clamps, dozens of tweezers, strip wood, etc...which is a beautiful thing, but I'd spend too much time staring lovingly at them all and remembering other projects I have forgotten or delayed. To each his own.

Have a great weekend...John

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.

Up and ready to start a four day work siege.  At least the weekends are only (hopefully) seven hours.  John, I don't see any pics, you have HEIC images instead of jpeg. 

Jeff

ACL1504

Morning all,

Cold, for Florida - 51 and raining. I'm in the train shed ready for another day.

John, you are definitely organized, now get the area messy with some modeling!  8)

Have a great day ya'll.

Tom  ;D

C. Powers Fallen Flag -

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MAP

Good morning!  A refreshing 28 here.  A few indoor chores after walking the dog, then some train time this afternoon.
Mark

vinceg

Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

MartyO

Morning,

I was on my knees all day worshiping the house, taking out the old baseboards. The reconstruction will begin shortly.
Marty

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Have the annual HOA meeting this morning at 10. I have to attend since my wife is the president. Have my weekly chores and train time later hopefully.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Good morning! I'm spending the day with the Grandkids - they are making their lists for Santa. Apparently, the big germ messed up Santa's workshop and the elves have supply chain problems. Getting their requests in early. I hope everyone has a great day. From the F&SM:

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

deemery

John, you need to convert your pictures from .HEIC to .JPG.  The best thing to do is to set the default format for pictures on your phone.  See https://www.handlebar-online.com/other/what-is-the-default-format-for-iphone-photos/  You can convert the existing photos in Preview.app, open the .HEIC file and then do "Export" to save as a JPG.

My new Mac laptop arrived yesterday, so I'm still working out the bugs in the transfer of my files, etc.  https://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/2848.html   Later today, I'm off to an operating session on James Van Bokkelen's layout. 

dave 
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Friends coming over tonight for dinner so the house is being prepped and dinner cooked.  I have to move my work stuff off of the dining room table and into the spare bedroom.  Ditto my workbench.  First I'll put together the spin cycle that my better half bought to replace the recently departed treadmill.  ::)  Aside from that I'll stay out of her way.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

bparrish

Mornin' all....

Scattered rain here today. No yard work........ translation............bench time.

I did find out why I had trouble loading photos yesterday.  I had filled up my gallery file and it didn't tell me.  It just timed out.

So I dropped off some older files of projects and am now chugging along again.   I think this may be why John Siekirk is on his fourth railroad project file.

I'm away for a few days starting tomorrow so not sure how much I can put up about my house project before that.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

Rollin

Noon in November, where has the time been going? We've been preoccupied with other things; the railroad was dismantled during the last month and my modules packed into a POD!

When I built my shelf layout, I did it in sections, and while they are awkward, it was possible to disassemble it.

Two modules face to face make a square unit:

And now, the house is under contract and we have more packing to do.  WOW!

cuse

Quote from: deemery on November 06, 2021, 10:30:30 AM
John, you need to convert your pictures from .HEIC to .JPG.  The best thing to do is to set the default format for pictures on your phone.  See https://www.handlebar-online.com/other/what-is-the-default-format-for-iphone-photos/  You can convert the existing photos in Preview.app, open the .HEIC file and then do "Export" to save as a JPG.

My new Mac laptop arrived yesterday, so I'm still working out the bugs in the transfer of my files, etc.  https://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/2848.html   Later today, I'm off to an operating session on James Van Bokkelen's layout. 

dave

Thanks Dave...I'm on it.

cuse

Let me test my implementation of Dave's advice...

S&S RR

John

That is one clean workbench! Looks great - it will look better with a model under construction. ;)
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad