Monday, November 29, 2021

Started by ACL1504, November 29, 2021, 07:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Morning all,

This came at 7 AM this morning. Happy me.

Have a great day.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Driving Dad to a VA appointment with  new doctor. Hopefully some MRR time later. I'm happy for youTom.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Tom, happy us, too.  We get to watch you build it, right?  Hint, hint! ;D ;D ;D

Snowed again last night, ground is white, truck is covered.  Good day to stay inside and model.

Pic from Dick Elwell's layout.   Everyone have a great day!

Jerry

MartyO

Morning,

No matter how long I hold my breath the snow is not going away. Only two floors left to sand and re-finish ... yippee!
Marty

ReadingBob

Morning all,

X-mas came early for Tom!   ;)

Back to work for me.  :( The week off was nice but not long enough.  I do have a long weekend coming up.  In fact, all of them are long weekends between now and the end of the year.  :D

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

S&S RR

Good morning! Have fun with the kit Tom. It's cold and snowy here, too, great modeling weather.  I think I'm going to have to go out and put the plow on the tractor.   ::) I was trying to wait and get one more leave mulching session in. Oh well, the leaves will be there in the spring.  I hope everyone has a great day.  From the F&SM:

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

cuse

Morning All,

John, NO layout has ever been photographically "dissected" like the F&SM and I don't recall ever seeing a flaw...Honestly, that's absurd considering the size and scope of the layout, structures, details, etc. No matter what angles, photographic tricks or volume of pics...it's otherworldly.

Bob, I love your pics...today's looks like a Mike Confalone modeled scene.

Busy work week... if not really busy, it's certainly pivotal. If things go well, I'll hopefully be making many more of the conventions and SBG meetups in the next year. :)

Hopefully, I'll break ground on priming the Sierra West details on my current build today or tonight or someday.

John

deemery

Quote from: cuse on November 29, 2021, 10:49:11 AM
John, NO layout has ever been photographically "dissected" like the F&SM and I don't recall ever seeing a flaw... ...

That's an interesting point!  The Gorre & Daphetid was photographed a lot by John Allen, but of course he knew where and how to photograph the layout to show it at its best.   A lot of the photos I've seen of the F&SM are taken from the same/similar viewpoint, but each of us picks out something they're interested in to capture in a photo. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jim Donovan

Late check in again for me. Love the photo's, conversation and the fact that I am not in Michigan with the snow. Congratulations to Michigan for getting the upper hand on a good Ohio State team. Nice to see the conference starting to become multi-team strong again.

As for me, took my sister-in- law to get her gallbladder removed. Happy to report all went well. Now hope to finish up scene of sawmill for the local museum. They have been patient  and I have my own hospital adventure Friday so best I get it done.

Hope everyone enjoys this great day.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

tom.boyd.125

Afternoon check in...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Raymo

Afternoon crew checking in. Spent the morning with my mother at the hospital for a scheduled procedure. Can't wait to see you tackle that kit Tom.

ACL1504

I'm ready to start it; however, the cardiac surgeon is supposed to give me a surgery date some time tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be the first of next year but it could also be next week.

So, all is on hold for this one for now.

Tom  8)
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com