Hey Bob:

Looks just great so fear.

Karl

ACL1504

Bob,

Very nice build.  And as you say,

See ya.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

bparrish

So I got the school house done.......... with a solid 36 hours to spare.  The grand kids are coming a day early as the window for weather over the Cascade mountains of Oregon is better tomorrow than the planned day Sunday..........

Serious track cleaning this afternoon.   For now........ here are the done photos as they are for now.  It will need some better "planting in" but that will need to wait till January.

Here is a big eye view of the scene.

The boys are shooting marbles.  How many remember playing rings and pots marbles.  Well these boys are shooting rings for now.

Another view.   The line through the center of the photo is a trolley wire in the foreground.

And a close up of the bell tower.   

So there you have it .......... a panic project that snatched defeat from the jaws of victory ! ! ! !

see ya

Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

PRR Modeler

Great looking little school house. I'm sure your granddaughter will be very happy.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Janbouli

What a beautiful scene Bob, the structures and scenery really look well together.
I love photo's, don't we all.

Judge

Bob - I am sure some modelers are thinking about how sad it is that the schoolhouse is built right by the railroad tracks.  The noise from the engines and freight cars would be most unpleasant.  Howsumever, I should say that my elementary school was built right next to the Seaboard Airline RR tracks and, in those days of unairconditioned classrooms, we got to enjoy the train music several times a day.  I don't feel deprived a bit.  Seaboard's road switchers were Alcos and they struck up quite a symphony several times a day.  I always tried to get a permanent seat next to the window so I could watch the action during class.

Zephyrus52246

Bob, great looking schoolhouse.  Funny how a deadline can spur us to complete a project.

Jeff

bparrish

Thank you all for looking in.........

Judge....   Being next to the railroad tracks is important for the future of model railroading.  What would the boys have to do if there was nothing to look out the window at ? ? ? ?

Jeff..........  Your a Soooooo right about deadlines.

Again....... thank you all..

Bob

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

carl b

Carl

deemery

That did come together very quickly! 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ACL1504

Bob,

Very nicely done. Looks just like and old turn of the century school house.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jim Donovan

Bob;

Great looking school. My kids went to a school that had kept the original one room schoolhouse as part of the campus. Looked much like yours except red. Of course yours has all its' shingles which the little red schoolhouse did not.

Great job

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

GPdemayo

Great finish Bob.....you're going to have one happy grand kid. Marbles were such fun.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Oldguy

Very well done.  Luck kids have a swing.

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond