A bit of a diversion

Started by Zephyrus52246, December 17, 2021, 08:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

It's not the right scale, but an interesting kit.  It doesn't run (it's supposed to work on rubber band power).  When I put the chassis with the wheels into the frame, the front wheel now hits the frame (you can see it's off the track), and I can't figure out how to fix it.  Anyway there's a lot of friction (you use scraped off candle wax as "lubricant", so I doubt it would be a smooth run.  The instructions are like building IKEA furniture, all drawings, no text.  I must say the parts are very well lasered out of  5/32" (4mm) wood.  Very small "gates".  Most pieces can be pushed out of their holders, smaller ones need cutting or they may break.  Everything held together by toothpicks (no glue).  My daughter gave me this for Chrismas two (three? four?) years ago, and figured I'd finally build it and see if I could concentrate on something for a week to completion.  Maybe I'll be up for the challenge build in a few weeks.   :)

Jeff

PRR Modeler

Jeff I've seen this or something similar in the past and have been curious. It may not run but I would think it would make a interesting static display.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Jim Donovan

That looks neat!  Plus it was a gift you can show off.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

GPdemayo

Wild looking loco Jeff.....please post a few photos if you build it.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Zephyrus52246

Greg, it's built.  I didn't want to do a "build thread" per se, as I just wanted to see if I could get something done during my present "modeling funk". 

Jeff

deemery

That'll be a challenge for something different!

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to