Dec 31, 2021 New Year's Eve

Started by Jim Donovan, December 31, 2021, 08:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Donovan

9 am and I am opening?  ::)

Good Morning from the Caribbean on this last day of December and last day of 2021. To say the year has been interesting is an understatement and 2022 looks, if anything, more challenging. 

So turning my back on world events I will show some of what I have worked on while bobbing around on a boat in the Caribbean. These are screenshots taken of Tinkercad showing the development of the roof parts that will make up the chemical factory roof (I am replacing current one):

Designing walls for windows for upper Cherestory

Showing view from inside Cherestory, looking for issues (like windows not seated correctly)

Finished Design. The windows are all the same so I did not drop all in place.

Well off to breakfast. Hope everyone has a great New Years Eve and here is praying that 2022
gets better and the world's leaders start acting like leaders..

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Neat stuff Jim. Not much planned today. Most likely will go out to supper tonight. Can't wait for all the idiots with fireworks tonight.

I hope everyone has a good day and be safe tonight.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Fog advisory here.  Hmm, who knew?

My son was here yesterday for a belated Christmas, leaving this morning for a trip back to the neighbor to our north.  It was great to spend time with him after not being able to get together last Christmas.  Bittersweet to see him for such a short time but due to Covid testing protocol and the scarcity of testing appointments that was what he could manage.  He hasn't left yet but I'm missing him already.

Everyone have a safe and productive day!
Jerry

deemery

Fog here in SE NH, not surprising given some snow on the ground and just above freezing temperatures. No 'training', we've been preparing for our trip in January. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ACL1504

Morning all,

Not much here either. Had a Dr. appointment this morning at 8 AM. The Judge is stopping by around 9:30 today for some BSing and then we'll go to our favorite Italian restaurant for some salad.

Have a great day.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Opa George

Going shopping for a few party supplies--just family this evening for New Year's Eve. We'll order pickup Chinese food and play games and watch the various New Years Eve parties on tv.  I imagine a few neighbors have squirreled away a cache of fireworks from summer to set off at midnight.  Happy to wave farewell to 2021 and looking forward to a new start.

--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

NEMMRRC

Howdy!

Bye Bye 2021!

Hello 2022!

I'm ringing in the new year at my work bench catching up on old projects I started but never finished so I can have a clean work are to start on the 2022 build challenge.

Later.

Jaime

MartyO

Quote from: Opa George on December 31, 2021, 09:18:03 AM
We'll order pickup Chinese food and play games and watch the various New Years Eve parties on tv.
--Opa George

Morning,

We used to do exactly the same with Chinese food on New Year, but this year we have splurged and bought a prime rib roast for dinner. ($37 per kilo.)

Marty

MAP

Good morning!  Foggy start to the day here as well.  My wife met up with a friend this morning to hike a trail (roughly 10 miles round trip) near Bear Mountain State Park in NY.  I'll be doing some train stuff!
Mark

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Like Marty we'll be doing a Prime Rib this evening.  We're also hosting another couple that lives nearby.  After dinner we'll play games until it's time to ring in the New Year and then grab some shut eye.  That'll be the extent of our wildness.   

Have a great one!

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

jbvb

Good morning, all, I'm looking at the same weather as Dave, which is expected to persist through Sunday before it gets below freezing again.
If any of you are interested in the upcoming Eastern Seaboard Models  HO scale 40 foot insulated/heated "State of Maine" boxcars, the NHRHTA is accepting pre-orders at $67.95 plus shipping (MSRP $84.50) until January 15.  NHRHTA doesn't have the flyer on the web but I've scanned it and will email on request.  Disclaimer: I'm an NHRHTA member and approve of their mission but get no financial benefit.
James

Opa George

Quote from: MartyO on December 31, 2021, 10:12:50 AM
Quote from: Opa George on December 31, 2021, 09:18:03 AM
We'll order pickup Chinese food and play games and watch the various New Years Eve parties on tv.
--Opa George

Morning,

We used to do exactly the same with Chinese food on New Year, but this year we have splurged and bought a prime rib roast for dinner. ($37 per kilo.)

That's a royal start to the new year, Marty.  Enjoy!  Best wishes to you and your family for a wonderful 2022!
--George in Harrisburg
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

tom.boyd.125

Morning,
Time to back the loco in the roundhouse and close the doors on 2021...
Wishing all a Happy New Year...and the pair of State of Maine reefers James just mentioned cost a lot but the model photos look fantastic...
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

deemery

Marty's post about the price of Prime Rib in Canada reminds me of smuggling a turkey across the border when we lived in Vancouver.  They were A LOT cheaper in the US.  (We had a great Thanksgiving exchange with another couple.  They invited us over for Canadian Thanksgiving, and we returned the favor for US Thanksgiving.  A good time was had by all....)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to