Sunday 10 December 2023

Started by Keep It Rusty, December 10, 2023, 05:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep It Rusty

Fixed a thread of Jerry's that was missing some posts/pages due to problematic image attachments. If any of you happen to find old threads that seem to be missing posts/pages please drop me a PM. I can fix them for you.

For today though, family day!

GPdemayo

Morning all.....guess it's time to start thinking about Christmas shopping, definitely need more time till The 25th.
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Morning Craig, Greg and others,

Thanks for fixing the problems Craig, we all very much appreciate what you and Jim have done for us here.

I thought I was over the creeping crud but I have the sore throat again and cough. I'm going back to bed for a few more hours.

Have a safe and healthy day ya'll.

Tom

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Good morning! I had a great work session on the layout with Wayne Olson, yesterday.  It was great to have him back working on the layout. He has been laid up with hip replacement surgery for the past year. At 91 it takes a while to get going again. 

We have been enjoying warm 50 degree temperatures here the last few days.  The grill has been in service the last couple of nights for dinner.

I hope everyone has a great day.

John
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Forgot to post yesterday again. The issue is that I can't seem to figure out how to place an icon on my cell phone home screen . Both son and MOH have tried and they are much more savy than I am.

Daughter and GK's are coming over for Christmas baking in about an hour.

Feeling good this morning so hopefully I'm over the crud.

Tom sorry to hear you are feeling bad again. Get well soon.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ReadingBob

Morning all,

I had entertained thoughts of dropping in at Tom's place yesterday if I got back from my morning errands in time.  Unfortunately, for me, someone in line ahead of me at the Chick-fil-A drive thru took forever to place an order.  So, I settled for spending the day at the workbench instead.  

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well again Tom.  I hope you kick that stuff pretty soon.

More workbench time today.  I need to fire up the airbrush to paint something.  It's nice out so that should be fun.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Fifty degrees and rainy here with a forecast for falling temps throughout the day.  The rain is forecast to turn into snow overnight with an accumulation of an inch or two by the end of the day tomorrow.  We're still under a flood watch until mid-day tomorrow with the radar showing much heavier rain headed our way as the day progresses. 

I hope to at least make a start on restoring some of the missing photos to my vehicle thread.  I have most if not all the photos I posted, though it will require me digging through various memory cards, resizing the photos, etc.  I keep thinking I should devote certain memory cards to certain subjects, but for whatever reason it hasn't happened yet. Maybe that's because most of my memory cards look the same?  Sounds like a good excuse to me!

I hope everyone has a safe and rewarding day.

Tom, I hope you beat whatever it is that is making you feel less than one hundred percent!
Jerry

deemery

Significant work today.  I filled in a gap in my backdrop between two buildings, using a photo from https://dnrhistoric.illinois.gov/preserve/construct-mainstreet.html (cut and assemble buildings).  I added some thin strips to the picture to get some extra relief.
IMG_9525.jpg

Then I worked on the fence along the tracks, splicing together Tichy fence panels, constructing a gate, then priming, painting and adding posters.  I routed out (with a battery Dremel) the line for the fence, and glued into position.
IMG_9528.jpg

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jim Donovan

Quote from: jerryrbeach on December 10, 2023, 10:03:29 AMGood morning.

Fifty degrees and rainy here with a forecast for falling temps throughout the day.  The rain is forecast to turn into snow overnight with an accumulation of an inch or two by the end of the day tomorrow.  We're still under a flood watch until mid-day tomorrow with the radar showing much heavier rain headed our way as the day progresses. 

I hope to at least make a start on restoring some of the missing photos to my vehicle thread.  I have most if not all the photos I posted, though it will require me digging through various memory cards, resizing the photos, etc.  I keep thinking I should devote certain memory cards to certain subjects, but for whatever reason it hasn't happened yet. Maybe that's because most of my memory cards look the same?  Sounds like a good excuse to me!

I hope everyone has a safe and rewarding day.

Tom, I hope you beat whatever it is that is making you feel less than one hundred percent!

well we are back from our cruise, Tom hope you are getting better. Jerry, the Forum can now handle up to a 5mb photo, so size issues should be mostly a thing of the past. Just upload them and see. Tomorrow hope to get back into the swing of things. Trip was nice but glad to be home.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Jim Donovan

Holland & Odessa Railroad