Friday - 12/29/2023

Started by ReadingBob, December 29, 2023, 08:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Good morning, all!

Last workday of the year.  Yesterday I scheduled my optional holidays and vacation days for next year so I can continue this trend of four-day work weeks.  I ran out of days by the end of March which means I'm going to have to work five-day work weeks in my final month.  The horror.   :o

I sure hope to get some workbench time in this weekend.  I'm finishing up structure 7 of 8 for Red Hook Wharf.  I want to finish that build before I start a new one, I received for X-Mas.  ;) 

Have a great one! 

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Raymo

Morning. 3 hour work day today then I can go home till Tuesday. I'll make a stop at Hobby Lobby first before lunch. Model on till 2024..

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Morning all,

Nice and cool here this morning. I'm in the A&S RR Office.

Have a safe and healthy day ya'll.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

I was concerned I'd need to push some snow this morning after we got 3 to 4 inches yesterday, but it will be 40 degrees later and it will probably just melt away.  Will work on the FOS kit a bit today, hopefully get it done, but we'll see.

Jeff

Jerry

Morning everyone

Not sure what today will bring.

Hoping to get in some time at the bench.

Everyone have a great day!!  ;D

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

deemery

I need to cut/bash a pair of Tichy single doors into a double-door.  Then I can make sure the opening in the subwall is the right size, before I laminate the brick sheeting onto the subwalls.  I also need to figure out how I'll do the window lintels.  Now I -should have- used Tichy arched masonry windows for this build, but that's A Lot More Work...  Then I can start working through how I'll do the mansard roof.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

S&S RR

Good afternoon.  Tested positive for Covid, yesterday.  Very mild symptoms - thought it was my allergies but my daughter tested positive.  Thank you, China, once again.  I'm doing the right thing and staying at my workbench for 15 days.  ;) ;D

Sure is great to hear Bob talking about 4 more months.  Bob we can all get on zoom and do some modeling if you start missing work. The planning meetings will go much faster.

I hope everyone is having a great day,

John
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad