Bleat - a 009 exhibition layout

Started by madharry, January 20, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Dalrymple

Yes, Dave.

I don't think Handel meant it quite like that!  I actually sang the Messiah several times in the Christchurch city choir.  Our choir master, Brian Law, died late last year.  I was reading in the newspaper article that followed his death that he had been offered a job here and decided to have a look around the country first.  He found himself amongst some beautiful scenery one day and realised he had no idea what day it was.  He decided then and there that a country in which one could lose track of the days of the week was a country he wanted to live in!

Cheers, Mark.

deemery

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on February 12, 2024, 06:28:30 PMYes, Dave.

I don't think Handel meant it quite like that!  ...

Cheers, Mark.

Why let a few (missing) commas mess up a perfectly good line??!! 

(I sure wish that Google crap would stop showing up in my posts!)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

madharry

I will post the flock sheep once I have finished with their fields. 

Meanwhile some shots of the farm board which hides the fiddle yard. The green base is the Viessmann pecking chickens
module which needs to be blended into the scene.

Mike

madharry

A small flock of flocked sheep. Baa!

Mike

deemery

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Mark Dalrymple

Those sheep look really good, Mike.

What a great idea!

Cheers, Mark.

ReadingBob

That looks wonderful, Mike!  The structures and the sheep are spot on.  Keep the pictures coming.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

madharry

Thanks Dave, Mark, Bob and Greg for your very kind comments. It is much appreciated. Unfortunately I could not do a build on the structures as they were constructed when the site was down. The farm buildings are kits from Scale Model Scenery.

The flocked sheep are from WW Scenics. Unpainted 3D sheep, a Pro Grass Box and some white, black and biege flock.
The sheep are painted with glue and held by a clip over the box which has a small amount of flock on it. The box (powered by a 9 volt battery) is switched on the flock is attracted to the sheep. Baa!

Mike

madharry

A few more pictures of the farm. The chicken module has been planted. There are horses in the paddock behind the stables. The rape field disguises the join between the baseboards.

Mike

madharry

Some  more...

Zephyrus52246

Flocked sheep!  You think of everything.  The layout is looking great as well, especially the stone structures. 

Jeff

madharry

Thanks very much Jeff.

Mike

Here are a few more progress pictures.

madharry

More progress on the layout. Crossing gates and fencing have been added. The shepherd and his faithful sheep dog watch over their flock.

Mike

Janbouli

That carriage is simply beautiful Mike , and the sheep are so well done.
I love photo's, don't we all.