Saturday 16 March 2024

Started by Keep It Rusty, March 16, 2024, 03:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep It Rusty

The weekend is here! What do you all have planned?

ACL1504

Morning Craig and others drifting in,

Craig, I may have hit the preview button, saw the post and clicked out. Came back and it was gone. No big deal from here.

The Judge is coming over to run some trains. Later lunch at the local watering hole.

Not sure what the rest of the weekend will bring in the way of fun.

Have a safe and healthy day ya'll.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: ACL1504 on March 16, 2024, 06:07:44 AMCraig, I may have hit the preview button, saw the post and clicked out. Came back and it was gone. No big deal from here.

Ah, yes. Can be a trip hazard! Thanks for letting me know.

MartyO

Morning,

Wow, the sky is so dark here. The girls are at a cat show this weekend and I get the house to myself; what should I do?
Marty

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Played with some different building arrangements yesterday and will work on that area of the layout today as well.  I did get some recent winnings of a large auction.  The turntable was something I made a bid on just to follow and see how high it went.  Even with shipping and their 20% fee it was still about 60% of what a new one cost and it's new in the box.  I only wanted one set of the California Zephyr F3s, but I bid on both, hoping to win one, and well, I'll find a use for both.  this set is used, but no wheel wear.  It's missing a windshield wiper, but I can live with that.  They are already programed, have Kadees, and are perfectly speed matched.  

Jeff

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

We got back from Spain last night, so today is all those things you have to do when you come home from a 2-week vacation.  The dogs were very happy to see us, they'll be extra clingy for a couple of days.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Welcome back Dave.  I can't say I've never been to Spain.  I did visit once.  But that visit was more than 50 years ago.  :o

Nice haul Jeff.  Some additions for the empire!

Nothing on tap today.  I think I'll work in the garage this afternoon and try to start straightening up the workbench out there.  It's in sad shape.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

deemery

This was our 7th or 8th trip to Spain.  And I've been to Oklahoma (because the Army sent me there, Ft Sill for officer training.)  The only states I haven't visited are the Dakotas, Alaska, Hawaii and Wisconsin.

Next most frequent place I've been to is Amsterdam, mostly on business trips.  About 2/3 of my foreign travel was for business (international standards committees are a great racket to get your employer to send you overseas.)  On about half of those, wife joined me and we went on vacation before or after the meeting.  The most memorable (for both good and bad reasons) would probably be Russia, which we visited around 2005 at the height of US/Russia relations.  

But I think our foreign travel days are about over, wife had a really hard time physically on this trip (leg and back problems.)  Sigh...  So many other places on my "places to go" list....

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to