Friday, May 24, 2024

Started by Zephyrus52246, May 24, 2024, 09:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Woke up to the warning sirens at 0615 for a severe thunderstorm warning.  Tornado warning came about 15 minutes later.  It went from day to dark as night in just a few minutes.  Wind and severe rain but no tornados here.  The roofers/siding guys brought their trailer yesterday, but for some reason (it's still raining), I haven't seen them yet today.    :o

Trip to Best Buy and the grocery store later this morning. 

The East Yard turnout issue was quickly resolved, a single wire had come loose.  The locomotives couplers were all fixed, and it ran several times without issues over the layout.  Also ran the "test train" several times with no derailments. 

Jeff

Jim Donovan

Good Morning Folks

Jeff, not how you want to wake up but glad just a storm, at least in your area. 

Today I took the wife to Gainsville for CAT scan. Doctors keep circling the 'lump' found on her left breast but keeping wanting more tests before removing it. Can anyone spell Annuity? For the love of God, remove it, test tissue, know what it is! Instead this is third 'picture' session, bet you anything results come back, 'Yep still there, nope, no idea what it is'. She has been referred to now three doctors, none trust test from previous doctor, thus three scans. Modern Medicine at it's finest. 

Once home bench cleaning on agenda. Have a great weekend folks. 

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

BandOGuy

For the sake of brevity, maybe I should post my list of excuses why no modeling is being accomplished. That might save us all some time, both in posting and reading.
Today's excuse is Number 2 on the list: family responsibilities. (#1 is lack of motivation). Son is coming this afternoon to drop excess "stuff" in the garage/basement as part of his return to Columbus. For those of you still here, that will also be my "reason" for tomorrow and early Sunday AM.
Hats off to the tree crew that waited until almost 9AM today to fire up the grinder. They were out front earlier, but must have been enjoying coffee. Thanks, guys.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

Keep It Rusty

Long weekend here in the UK.

Weather is too good to be sat at the modeling desk.

Got two more "Keep It Simple" kits on the go though...

Have a great one all.

Vietnam Seabee

Craig... I almost wish I was upsizing instead of downsizing...what you're putting out certainly looks good...alas
Terry

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Glad you're safe and sound, Jeff.  Tornados are really scary.

I feel for you and your better half, Jim.  I sure hope you can get that situation put behind you as soon as possible with positive results.  Prayers going out for you.

Craig, like Terry, I've got more kits than I'll ever be able to use but what you're putting out sure is nice.

Think I'll get back to work on the Gorman Sign Company.  I'm currently weathering some of the detail castings and working on paving the area of the diorama the structure will sit on.

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

deemery

Glad Dr Jeff only suffered an early wake up call...  BandOGuy, I hear you about motivation.  Yesterday was a total loss.  But today I generated enough steam to do some more work on the row houses.  (I think part of my problem is chronic bad sleep.) 

Today I need to fire up the egg and burn off all the nastiness that accumulated over the winter.  Earlier I cleaned the grates, etc.  So it'll be ready for use this weekend. 

Guys are coming this afternoon to move the gas line for our propane tank.  I -hope- they move the line and then hook up the old tank.  Wife would be REALLY PISSED if they can't hook the existing tank back up.  Add:  they cancelled today, they were working on a gas leak somewhere else. 

Row houses are finished.
IMG_9917.jpg

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

tom.boyd.125

Afternoon check in...yesterday was a slow start at the candy store for the holiday weekend. Only 2 customers in 6 hours but it was sunny and 80 outside. Still kept busy there with shop things to do all day so no bench time until late evening. Today is it overcast with rain showers. Had severe storms come thru here on Monday evening. The ping pong size hail sounded like a load of gravel hitting the roof. Sandy had me take a gift from our store to the local police department for their appreciation week. Hope all have a safe weekend.
 Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Vietnam Seabee

Poof...and just like that Tom's parking ticket disappeared. ;-))

Well done buddy. Something pleasant for the men and women in blue

Terry