Interaction Hobbies - The Ventoura Mobile Home with interior detail kit

Started by ReadingBob, June 19, 2024, 11:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Bob,

Very nice work. Man, that is a lot of tiny parts and pieces.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Zephyrus52246

Wow, that table with the beakers and stuff (and the tiny labels) looks great.  So do the chairs.  

Jeff

deemery

I think decaling beakers and bottles would induce PTSD.  It would certainly produce lots of Language.   

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

nycjeff

Hello Bob, you're doing some very "fine" detail work here and I mean fine in several of it's definitions. Putting decals on those small castings is Z scale work. Great job as always.
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

ReadingBob

Quote from: ACL1504 on July 18, 2024, 11:18:53 AMBob,

Very nice work. Man, that is a lot of tiny parts and pieces.

Tom

Thanks Tom!  There are still a few to go.  I'm getting closer to being able to start on the mobile home but not quite there yet.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ReadingBob

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on July 18, 2024, 01:24:33 PMWow, that table with the beakers and stuff (and the tiny labels) looks great.  So do the chairs. 

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!  Inter-Action Hobbies puts out some interesting stuff.  I'm having fun with this one.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: deemery on July 18, 2024, 04:45:45 PMI think decaling beakers and bottles would induce PTSD.  It would certainly produce lots of Language

dave

Hi Dave!  Yes, I can only do so much at a time and then I need to take a break from it.  I saved the best (worst?) for last.  There are two sets of shelves, each with four shelfs that have various bottles, cans, etc. printed on them.  Those need to be painted and, gulp, decaled.  I'll start on them this afternoon.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: nycjeff on July 19, 2024, 10:00:21 AMHello Bob, you're doing some very "fine" detail work here and I mean fine in several of it's definitions. Putting decals on those small castings is Z scale work. Great job as always.

Hi Jeff!  Yeah, applying decals is something I rarely do and some of these, heck most of these, are really tiny.  :o
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Just a quick update (I warned this one looked like it would take some time and I was right).

There are two shelving units that are comprised of the laser cut sides, back, top along with four 3D printed shelves.  The first went together with little issue.  You might note the 3D printed shelves required a bit of painting along with lots of teeny, tiny decals that had to be applied to the individual bottles and cans.  Whew!  That tried my patience.  It's a little hard to see but here I am gluing the top to the back of the second unit and trying to keep things square.

Next up one of the sides gets glued to the back/top of the unit.  Although the side look like they can go on oriented any way that's not true.  There's definitely a front and back.  The rear post is just a little bit larger than the front post to account for the width of the back panel.

Next up the four 3D printed shelves get glued in place.  Like the sides, each shelf has a front and back.  The notches on the corners are not the same width on the front as they are on the back.

While attaching the shelves I needed a little extra light on the subject.  I keep one of those tiny flashlights handy on my work bench for just such occasions.

The final step (no pictures) is to glue the other side on.  The second unit gave me fits!  I must have assembled, disassembled and then reassembled this thing four or five times.  The middle two shelves on this unit required a lot of sand of the bottom lest they interfere with the shelf beneath.  Eventually I got this together.  Up close it's not the greatest fit but the gaps/mistakes are in the rear and will be well hidden when the unit is in its final home.  ::)

Next up are some wood pallets.  Interesting assembly on these.  You start by gluing the 'blocks' in place on the underside of the top portion of the pallets while they're still in the sheet that contains them.

More in a moment.... ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Next you apply glue to the blocks in preparation for adding the bottom of the pallets.

Then apply the bottom of the pallets, again while still in the sheet containing them, to the assembly.

After the glue sets, cut out the pallets.

A quick wash of AK Interactive weathered wood, over the pallets, and some paint on one edge of a few of them finished them off.

Here's all the of the detail parts for the 'lab' ready to go.

Next up is the mobile home that will contain the 'lab'.

This is where I'm at, at the moment, with this.  Just getting ready to dig in.

Thanks for following along!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

cuse

nycjeff

Hello Bob, that's some great work on the detail parts for your mobile home build.
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

ReadingBob

Quote from: cuse on September 02, 2024, 11:31:04 AM:o

Wow...all those tiny decals...looks amazing!

Thanks John!  Yeah, those decals were a bit of a challenge.  Especially considering you have to paint the area they're being applied over white before applying them.  Not a problem for the white bottles but a bit of a challenge for the black drums, the silver equipment, etc.  :o
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: Vietnam Seabee on September 02, 2024, 06:51:40 PMWell done Butty
terry

Thanks Terry! There's some neat stuff Inter-Action has come up with.  They have a few O Scale details I'd like to try building.  I may try one or two just for the heck of it.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net