Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Started by ACL1504, July 09, 2024, 09:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Morning all,

Taking the day off from modeling and getting ready for an all day session tomorrow.

Pam and I have bowling practice today at noon. Late lunch/early dinner with friends later.

Have a great and safe day ya'll.

Tom   ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Got a meeting with my finance guy this morning.  That's the only thing on my calendar for the week. :) This afternoon I'll get back to painting/decaling/assembling stuff.  

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

BandOGuy

Must be the heat causing everyone to abandon us today.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

deemery

Hot and humid here, Florida weather (although not quite as hot.)  

I got an original Magnuson "Victoria Falls Hotel" kit on eBay, looks like that kit is -mint-, with its original packaging.  The castings aren't soft/sticky, and not warped at all.  

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jerry

Bob great picture!  They models on your RR??? ;)

Everyone have a nice day!!  ;D

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

MartyO

Good hot afternoon,

Hiding away from the excessive humidity and getting things ready for the fall has occupied most of my time. Our "Best Cat" has had another episode of "sluggy" urine and vet visits to get it looked at. My daughter is trying to stud breed it and all we get every two weeks is his girlfriend walking around screaming and rubbing against everything. Sleep can be. challenge.

Speaking of sleep... I got an Apple Watch to play with and to investigate my sleep patterns. And the results are not good! only 15 minutes of deep sleep and 1 1/2 hours awake in a 7 hour period. There is no repetitive pattern to say. Maybe the doctor, ahh naw!

When my parents fled communism and came to Canada, via Sweden, they brought a railway wall clock with them. We they passed, I took the clock and have been hearing the "bong Bong" of that clock for over 70 years. I know of only two times it has stopped, the first my dad applied generous amounts of 3-in-1 oil on everything and the second time when I got it working again using WD40 to clean up the mess he created.

Now it is the third time it has stopped. I cleaned what I could with various stuff and have an Ultrasonic cleaner to give it a better clean. Has anybody had experiences getting their clocks cleaned?

Ok, my posting quote is done for the next week. (;-)
Marty

deemery

The Ukrainians have been cleaning the Russians' clocks for the last several years.  The problem is the Russians don't care what happen to their clocks, so they just send more clocks.   ;)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to