Thursday, July 18, 2024

Started by Zephyrus52246, July 18, 2024, 09:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

0827 and no patients yet.  I almost enjoy working in the summer as it's pretty quiet.  

They found no leak with the car, but the timing belt and spark plugs need replacing soon for over $2K.  I've convinced the wife we need to replace the van as I'm not pouring that amount of money into a sixteen year old vehicle.  

If I can make it through today I have the next eleven days off.   Headed to the Oshkosh air show next week.  

Jeff

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Good luck with replacing the van, Jeff.  That happened to me, years ago, the day we were celebrating paying off our mortgage.  I had issues with my van (140,000+ miles, 10 years old) on the way home from work so I dropped it off at the dealer.  They called, during our celebratory dinner, and told me it would cost $4k to repair everything. :o Next day we were shopping a new car.  I hate car shopping (unless they HO Scale).

Did my morning walk already.  Perusing the forum now and then I'll hit the workbench.

I'm not sure what this was that spilled from a hopper, but it was very bright white and there were piles of it at several points along the way.

Have a great one!  
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Morning all,

Feeling weekly so no modeling for me, just taking it easy and resting.

Good luck on the vehicle search Jeff. And, enjoy the next 11 days off.

Have a great day. 

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MartyO

good afternoon,

what a beautiful day for doing nothing; so what do I do is something, I can't do nothing.
Marty