Previous topic - Next topic

Onewolf

Here is the design/plan for the previous layout (three level mushroom)\

Lower level:

Middle level:

Upper level:

Mark Dalrymple

Lots of fun!

Do all the materials to build the layout have to be taken through the workshop?

Cheers, Mark.

Onewolf

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on August 20, 2024, 04:07:17 PMLots of fun!

Do all the materials to build the layout have to be taken through the workshop?

Cheers, Mark.

Yes, but the layout room is a 'clean' room. No sawing, sanding, etc.  All benchwork construction will be done in the basement 'garage' space.  Same as my previous layout.

Onewolf

Cleaning/organizing the layout room space to prepare for drywall installation. Hopefully they will start hanging drywall late in the week or early the following week.  Here you can see my "not summer" tires/wheels (the original/mediocre all season tires) ) and benchwork sections salvaged from the previous layout.

tom.boyd.125

Doug,
 Welcome back to the Forum ! Nice looking new construction home and great space for the future workshop and layout too. At least your SUV slide down the back side of the hill and not into the house. Will look forward to this new thread and photos of your new adventure.
 Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Mark Dalrymple

Hi Doug.

I did a google image search of railway yards and nearly every view is taken from the end of the yard looking longways down it - either from above (drone, tower) or from track level.  It occurs to me that by putting your layout around the walls of your layout room you will not get this fantastic view.  I have done a quick sketch for another idea for you to consider.  All the arrows show the longways views you would get by taking this approach.  As you say - there are many different shapes that will fit in a room this size - so this is just a demonstration of this idea.
IMG20240828134822comp.jpg

Cheers, Mark.

Jim Donovan

Love the photos Doug. Beautiful house and area views. Looks like you have a real project going, will be fun watching it come to life.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Onewolf

The drywall guys finished hanging the drywall in the train layout room in about 2.5 hours.

Next they will bang out the basement garage space (just 2 walls) and then start on finishing the drywall.