Tuesday - September 24, 2024

Started by ReadingBob, September 24, 2024, 10:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Mowing, edging, trimming and blowing are on the agenda for this afternoon.  It'll be hot when I do it, so I'll have to make sure I stay hydrated.  :o 

First up is swapping the monitor out on this PC.  When I retired the company wanted the laptop back but not the monitors.  It'll be a slight upgrade.

I really need to update my build thread too.  I'm making some progress.  It's starting to look like something.  ;) 

Have a great one! 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

BandOGuy

11:05 and I'm the second poster here this morning?
Too much excitement for this old codger.
And the Phillies move on to the playoffs!
Do whatever is best for you today.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

MartyO

Good Afternoon,

Cloudness mess outside with rain for the next few days.

Yes, I slept in, yea!
Marty

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

tom.boyd.125

Afternoon from Minnesota...great sleeping weather last night and wife says lets take a ride and get out of the house...until latter stay safe ! ... Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

deemery

Quote from: ReadingBob on September 24, 2024, 10:46:08 AMMorning all,

Mowing, edging, trimming and blowing are on the agenda for this afternoon.  It'll be hot when I do it, so I'll have to make sure I stay hydrated.  :o

First up is swapping the monitor out on this PC.  When I retired the company wanted the laptop back but not the monitors.  It'll be a slight upgrade.

I really need to update my build thread too.  I'm making some progress.  It's starting to look like something.  ;)

Have a great one!
When I retired, I had to figure out how to return the 50lb laser printer.  That wasn't company property, it was bought under contract so officially it belonged to the US Army.  I said, "This is a 7 year old printer, it likely has no depreciated value.  Can't you just write it off?"  "No, you have to return it.  And no we won't pay for shipping."  So eventually I got a trip to NJ and dropped it off at the (remnant of the) company office, just before the company went under.  (When I joined the company, I made sure to write into the agreement that my Mac laptop would be a company asset rather than a contract asset, and I had the option to purchase that for depreciated value if I left.  By the time I did leave, that machine had no depreciated value.  But I'm still using it... :-) )

Speaking of 'under', my outpatient procedure was uneventful.  Arrived at 10:00, OR at 11:30 (dr was running early), awake by 1:00, home by 2:00...  Dr says "You should have discomfort probably for the next 2 weeks."  But as those highway signs say "Temporary inconvenience, permanent improvement."

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to