Saturday October 12, 2024

Started by jerryrbeach, October 12, 2024, 07:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Breakfast is bacon egg and cheese on an English muffin.  Only one option today unless you want just the English muffin.  Usual beverages are set to go.

I'm planning a road trip today to visit a museum or two and a couple hobby shops.  Yes, local hobby shops are almost extinct, that's why it takes a road trip to find them.

I hope everyone has a safe and rewarding day!
Jerry

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Hawkeye football on tap for later this morning, otherwise, nothing planned here. 

Jeff

Onewolf

Good morning,

For the last couple of days I have been working on infrastructure needed to build layout benchwork.

#1) A table I will use to assemble benchwork 1x4 and 1x3 modules.  And I will use it with my track saw to cut 4x8 sheets.

#2) A lumber storage rack to keep the large amount of lumber needed to build the benchwork organized.  I built one of these for my previous layout construction and it was stupendously helpful staying organized.  I just need to buy/install the 1/2" plywood in the middle/bottom to make it easier to slide 4x8 sheets of plywood in/out (headed to Lowes now).

I still need to finish cleaning and organizing the basement garage space. And I need to connect the dust collector.  The 2.5" hoses/clamps were delivered, so now I need to figure out how I want to route the 4" pipe from the dust collector to the location where it will split into 2.5" flex hose.

I included a photo of the previous layout lumber storage rack. Immensely useful!

Doug

Jim Donovan

Good morning;

Doug people as organized as you scare me. You approach a project as if getting it done in a straight forward, few headache, easy to find stuff needed when needed and joy of accomplishing a project are actually satisfying.  :o Well I am impressed so I'm going to clean my workbench (again) so I can make some progress on my own train efforts (much more modest then yours). Like I said, I'm impressed.

As for myself some train time and football on today's agenda. I also need to go check the RV to make sure it came through storm OK. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

ReadingBob

Afternoon all,

Game night tonight.  Maybe a little workbench time before that commences.  

The other day I stumbled across a small build that I started before we moved to Florida twenty four years ago.  Maybe I'll finish that one as my next project. ::)

Have a great one!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Afternoon all,

Nothing new here. I'm debating starting the redo of the Ovalix. 

I spent the past two days cleaning up after Milton.

Hope all are having a good day.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MartyO

Good Afternoon,

They say preparation is the key! Doug, you have made that an art.

Speaking of prep... I have been preparing to work on the diorama for the past 6 months, maybe I should start?
Marty

S&S RR

Good evening! Great to hear you Florida guys made it through the storm. I'm spending some time with my Grandson this week. 
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad