Amish Wagons

Started by jrmueller, August 25, 2014, 08:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrmueller

Does anyone know of a source for Amish Wagons?  I wil be putiting together a section of layout depicting a small town in Lancaster PA where my wife's family lived.  I have not been able to locate anything from the usual sources.  Thanks. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Janbouli

A few that I found

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/jor/jor108.htm  This is a Jordans Model  also available from Model Train Stuff  http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Jordan-HO-Horse-and-Buggy-Kit-p/jor-108.htm

http://www.dartcastings.co.uk/shire/S58.php  This one is from Shire Scenes and I'm pretty sure I've seen it on an American site aswell.
I love photo's, don't we all.

jrmueller

Thanks. The English model looks more appropriate.  What is OO gauge they show for horses?  Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Janbouli

OO scale is 1/76th , so they'll be a bit larger then HO , don't think you will be able to tell the difference, but to be sure I'd write them a mail.

Or maybe Mike"Madharry" can tell us if this will be a problem.
I love photo's, don't we all.

BandOGuy

Quote from: Janbouli on August 25, 2014, 02:19:21 PM
OO scale is 1/76th , so they'll be a bit larger then HO , don't think you will be able to tell the difference, but to be sure I'd write them a mail.

Or maybe Mike"Madharry" can tell us if this will be a problem.
Never saw an Amish with Percherons, but you might try that as a viable "explanation".

Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

DACS

I lived in Mattoon Il. for many years.  Just north of there is the Amish community of Arcola, Il..   I have seen the Amish there, use both the box style and the sedan style shown (without the sidelights) in both links.  Mostly the box style though.   

I have seen them in all configurations.  Buggy pick-ups.  Buggy delivery.  All very utilitarian of course.  But, here's one for ya... :) :)

This one must belong to a young Amish rebel!

Dave  HWCRR
Seattle
I am never having another birthday.  The candles for the cake are starting to cost too much!

deemery

Quote from: DACS on October 08, 2014, 08:39:02 AM
I lived in Mattoon Il. for many years.  Just north of there is the Amish community of Arcola, Il..   I have seen the Amish there, use both the box style and the sedan style shown (without the sidelights) in both links.  Mostly the box style though.   

I have seen them in all configurations.  Buggy pick-ups.  Buggy delivery.  All very utilitarian of course.  But, here's one for ya... :) :)

This one must belong to a young Amish rebel!

Dave  HWCRR
Seattle
It's a closed buggy, so he's married.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

bparrish

Amish people usually use a horse breed called Morgan. 

See ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?