Geezer's Lounge (Rev 1) - Volume 6

Started by Rick, September 05, 2026, 06:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Thanks for opening and breakfast Rick. What is scary to me is AI photos that look like real life.

Started out with a walk at 65F and low humidity. I should of stayed in bed. Last night I started getting cold symptoms again. >:( I was exhausted by the end and after getting cleaned up went back to bed for 3 hours.

For some reason this has become normal for me. Get sick, get well for 4-5 days then get sick again. :-\

Yesterday I cut the edge in the foam that the large dock will sit on. It was fiddly as it has to match the height of the warehouse foundation in both horizontal and vertical planes. It took about 90 minutes to get it correct.

No workbench today. Next up will be working on the seawalls.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Jerry

Afternoon everyone

Chores are done!

So now to sit down and relax.

It was great talking last night to Rick.

Maybe later on I'll get some time at the bench.

Everyone have a fine evening!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Larry C

Good Morning,

The morning beverages are set to go. Breakfast is southern fried chicken and waffles with butter and real maple syrup; enjoy.

What's your plans?

it's a cloudy 55 with a high of 69. Work continues on the fishing boat so maybe an update in a few days. Have the fall outside decorations done using pie pumpkins, because they hold up the best, and a bunch of budded mums. Not too sure what's in store for today.

Have a great and safe day!! Be well.
Current Projects: Pratt's Cove
                           
http://www.ussvigilant.blogspot.com

Rick

Good morning everyone.

63 and raining again, rain all morning and should stop around 2 with a high of 71.

Larry, thanks for the coffee and breakfast.
I'll have to look up what pie pumpkins are.

Jerry, more chores today?

Curt, it's getting harder to know what's real and what's not on the internet anymore.

Ron, I saw your update yesterday and I'll go back today to get a better look on the computer.

Karl, glad that guy got his dresser home safely.

Dave, basement dry again?

TomO, I used the free version of ChatGPT.

Mike, good news on selling the rims and good luck selling the clubs.

ACLTom, you done with chemo and how are you feeling?

How's everyone else?

Got lucky this morning taking Star out to do her morning business.
As soon as we got back inside it started to pour.
Got a little more done in the van yesterday and did poop pick-up in the yard.
Also got a much cheaper rate on the van insurance.

One of the cairns on the way up Mount Bierstadt and a nice view too.

070526MountBierstadtGeorgetownCO05Small.jpg

Have a great day everyone.

ACL1504

Morning all,

Yes, Rick, I'm finally done with the radiation. 39 sessions and the last 14 were brutal but I survived. I was told the radiation will continue to work on my body for the next 2-3 weeks. I go back to see the Doc on 10/26/2026 for the PSA blood draw.

I was talking with Curt this morning and told him that I had plenty of time to think about several things. My plan is to divide my time and not just build models. I haven't done anything on my book in a year+. I haven't done any work on layout in over 2+ years. I've been spending all my time building and scratch building structures.

So, as I get better and can see more clearly, I'll spend one week a month on the book. One week on the layout and the remaining two weeks on structure building.

Below is a photo Pam took after my last radiation treatment with the radiation nurses. These ladies were wonderful.

Have a safe and happy day everyone.

Tom

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

I'll check the dehumidifer progress when I go down, but it was working AND DRAINING correctly all day yesterday. 

So I should be able to start cleaning up that corner of the layout, which is particularly messy due to all the scenery work there the last couple of months.

YAY Tom!

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

KentuckySouthern

Sun and calm today before we get rain tomorrow, remnants of Polo the West Coast hurricane currently in mexico.

Clear check from the dentist yesterday.  Then 1:1 with the green machines.  Grass sure is growing.  Today I will get the sweeper out and clean up. 

Little to add.

Be well.  Great to see Tom and his Radiant Crew of young ladies. 

Vietnam Seabee

Good to "hear" from you Tom

Terry

TomO/Tloc

Good morning Crew as I wake to my 74th year. September is quite the month for both sides of the family. Our birthdays, our anniversary. dad's birthday, Terry's dad's b-day, my sister's anniversary, 2 of her brothers anniversaries and finally we moved into our 1st house together in 1976.

It's 47f degrees under clear, calm and beautiful skies. Heading to 75 later but overcast before the T-storms begin.

Dinner out last night ended a tradition. The Italian restaurant we normally celebrate the day between our birthdays is now closed Mondays. We went Mexican and nope I'm not thinking Italian out tonight.

The NHL is back tonight. With a strange preseason under the new CBA this year it was only 4 possible games and 18 days from the 1st practice and a slew of other rule changes. Should make for some high scoring 1st few weeks. My Black Hawks play Vegas this evening

The tree stump cost for 33 along the driveway was eye opening. Of the 3 companies I talked 2 sent out guys to check the stumps and 1 quoted over the phone. I went with the higher priced guy that came out as he had proof of insurance. He's out there already making noise and chips. Received quotes of $250 for a single stump to $65 each for the 33. All hardwoods and I was thinking I'd be happy at $100 each. The 17 within the woods he will do at $85 each because it's harder to maneuver to access them. He thought he'd be done by 7 tonight. Chips stay where they are ground as removal was more $$$ and I can have those raked up. He will do a sharpening around lunch break because hardwoods are tougher than softwoods! Duh!!!

Enjoy your day

TomO/Tloc

Quote from: ACL1504 on Today at 09:18:23 AMMorning all,

Yes, Rick, I'm finally done with the radiation. 39 sessions and the last 14 were brutal but I survived. I was told the radiation will continue to work on my body for the next 2-3 weeks. I go back to see the Doc on 10/26/2026 for the PSA blood draw.

I was talking with Curt this morning and told him that I had plenty of time to think about several things. My plan is to divide my time and not just build models. I haven't done anything on my book in a year+. I haven't done any work on layout in over 2+ years. I've been spending all my time building and scratch building structures.

So, as I get better and can see more clearly, I'll spend one week a month on the book. One week on the layout and the remaining two weeks on structure building.

Below is a photo Pam took after my last radiation treatment with the radiation nurses. These ladies were wonderful.

Have a safe and happy day everyone.

Tom



Congrats and have a great recovery. Good looking crew there

TomO

elwoodblues

Good morning everyone.

Thanks for the coffee and breakfast Larry, looking forward to your update when you post it.

Rick, yard poop pickup is an ongoing chore.  ;D

Tom, you're looking great, great photo.  looking forward to seeing your layout progress.

Dave, hope the dehumidifier is still working properly.

Karl, the grass has stopped growing here.  ;D

Terry, you should drop in more often.

TomO, Happy Birthday.

Current weather here is 12c (53f) and cloudy, fall is here.  No modeling last night.  Tonight is hockey as the new season starts tonight and Montreal vs Toronto.

Have a great day everyone.
Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railroad Co.
www.cvry.ca

Rick

ACLTom, great photo of you and the nurses.
You look good and I hope you feel good too.

TomO, Happy Birthday!

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Thanks for opening and breakfast Rick. Don't feel bad, I'm on poop duty everyday.

Late to post today. I'm feeling a little better and not as fatigued as yesterday. The diorama base is done for now.

TodayI have already put the initial base paint coat on the seawalls. After the seawall painting and mounting I start on the ship under construction.

Tom it was great talking to you and Congrats on finishing the radiation therapy. Great photo.

TomO Happy Birthday.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Powered by EzPortal