Geezer's Lounge (Rev 1) - Volume 6

Started by Rick, September 05, 2026, 06:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuse

Outstanding Tom...you're looking well. Glad to hear you were treated well. My daughter-in-law runs a chemo bay in a busy facility and she is a rock star. Such an important and wonderful calling.

Looking forward to seeing you in person. Get back to work.  ;D


friscomike

Howdy folks,

Larry, thanks for opening, the coffee, and the fantastic breakfast. Congrats on the fall decoration completion.

Rick, congrats on the less expensive insurance.

TomACL, a big congratulations to you on completing the medical procedures.  Enjoy the new time plan. Nice photo.

Dave, good to hear the dehumidifier is doing the deed.

Karl, hope that's the last mowing this year.

Terry, thanks for checking in.

TomO, hope the tree work goes well.

Ron, good luck to your hockey team.

Jeff, thanks for checking in.

Gregory,  thanks for checking in.

How is the rest of the crew?

We have another sunny, warm day at 85F.  Today was spent doing 1:1 chores, interrupted by baseball playoffs.  

Thanks to those who commented on the tin roofs.

Have fun,
mike

Rick

Good morning everyone.

63 now, cloudy and a high of 74.
It might not rain today.

Coffee, sodas and OJ are ready.
Omelet station is set up and ready to go.

Mike, 1:1, baseball or bench today?

Curt, hope you're feeling even better today.

Ron, did you hear anything about Fred Vasseur not being the team principle at Ferrari next and being replaced by Horner?

TomO, where'd you go for your birthday dinner?

Karl, good news from the dentist.

Dave, all dry in the basement?

Larry, I know what pie pumpkins are now.

How's everyone else?

Today should finally be an outside day.
I'll walk down to the gym after breakfast.
Also, I'm having hiking withdrawal and Star and I will try and do a hike if it's not too muddy.
Almost done with my book so a trip to the library is also in the plans.

This is near the Mount Bierstadt Trailhead.

070526MountBierstadtGeorgetownCO06Small.jpg

Have a great day everyone.

Larry C

Good Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee and breakfast. I was wondering how long it would be before you got the "hiking itch", hope you and Star can find a suitable area to hike in locally. The reason I use pie pumpkins for outside decorations is due to their thick rind; they hold up well since I don't carve them. Gorgeous photo.

What's your plans?

It's a cool 47 with a high of 74 and maybe some rain later. Work continues on the fishing boat but hope to have an update today at some point. Also I need to do some research for 1:48 scale nautical type details. We finally finished the interior Fall decorations yesterday so that can be checked off the 'ol todo list.

Have a great and safe day!! Be well.
Current Projects: Pratt's Cove
                           
http://www.ussvigilant.blogspot.com

PRR Modeler

Good Morning All,

Thanks for opening and breakfast Rick. I hope the hike works out. You may need to get matching treadmills for the winter months. ;D

Feeling about the same today. Yesterday I put the base coat on the seawalls. Probably no bench time today after the chores and loading the van back up for skunk events. Of course everything is spread all over the garage. :-*. Dad didn't want to do his errands yesterday so that will probably happen this afternoon.

Larry look forward to the update.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

TomO/Tloc

Good morning from wet and very windy Wisconsin. 60f degrees now maybe 70 later. It's been raining for a few hours but not heavily but the winds have been gusting into the 20's. Everything should diminish over the next couple of hours.

The tree stumps are gone ground down into piles of woodchips. He had 2 more at 7pm last night to do and he texted me if it was ok to finish. I said yes and at 7:45 he was all packed up and gone. The rain will prevent any cleanup the next few days but overall Terry and I have a great feeling of relief.

Rick, we both were still stuffed from a late breakfast and decided to skip going out for dinner. Terry makes a wonderful German Chocolate cake occasionally for me. I had a slice for dinner with milk at home last night.

We are celebrating with 3 other couples tonight our 50th anniversary and our 2 birthdays. They've all been gone and we have not seen them since August. So tonight we are all going out. That will conclude our adventures out for September. The plan for the next 2 weeks we are home is eat only at home. No breakfast or dinners out which is our normal 1st couple weeks of October. Eating at home in September is rare! Weather and health permitting we hop in the car 10/18 and get to Louisville and Dayton, Ohio.

The son's schedule is tight until 12/19 when he and the girlfriend come here for Xmas. They fly out to Japan via Hawaii and my brother's place on 12/25. So we will skip Texas until 3/2027.

The daughter has 3 of her own horses in the stables downstairs, 3 borderers and 2 rescue. Terry and I were  riding the rescues last week and they are after 90 days well fed and healthy again. The previous owner was dead for at least a month before her family checked in on her and the horses suffered for it. When Terry did horse rescues the majority were because of deceased owners. Today the 2 guys are going together to a nice home

Today I will spend maybe an hour cleaning up the bench. Then I'm heading into the studio for some canvas time. I only have a few trees to fix for the 10/7 install. Then a few building facades to paint, assemble and weather for November. So with no rush I will paint some canvas while I wait for the Auto rack guy to send me some more cars to graffiti and weather. I've returned to him the 1st 10 of the 50 I am doing for him. He promised a continuous supply but when he only sent the 1st 10 auto racks I knew this became a drawn out project. Not thrilled but it's fine. For what he's paying I'd draw it out too! I only take PayPal or cash and he was "surprised" I don't do credit cards. I don't know of anybody that weathers that takes a direct credit card. He dropped off the cash and picked up the 10. I did tell him he could drop off more cars and pay for 10 at a time if that fits his budget! We'll see if I get any more auto racks from him. His issue not mine, every proposal clearly says PayPal only...

Enjoy your day

deemery

Basement is dry, and I pulled up and cleaned the floor in the aisle where I've been doing all the scenery work.  Boy, scenery makes a mess!  More pick-up/put-away today.  

TomO, wife's birthday is Friday, but she's not feeling up to going out.  So I'll make something special at home. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

KentuckySouthern

It's about to rain for the next 24-48 hours, so we;re starting the day slowly.  MAYbe I'll get soem hobby time, even tho she has projects. 

Enjoy the day all.  Stay dry.

Jerry

Morning everyone

Rick thanks for coffee & breakfast.
Withdrawal and it's only been a couple of days!!

Larry good luck with the fishing boat.

Curt have a nice day doing whatever.

TomO sounds like you have a production line in trees and auto racks!!

Karl try to stay dry!

Weather here in South Jersey is sunny/68.
Grandson is here and left for work early this morning.
Diane and have some errands to run later.
Nothing to report from the bench.

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

elwoodblues

Good morning everyone,
Thanks for the coffee and breakfast Rick.  I'm guessing that is because Horner mentioned during an interview that Ferrari would be a dream job. Meanwhile Ferrari has stated that they have "full confidence" in Vasseur, let the rumor mill begin. ;D  Hope you get a hike in today with Star.

Larry, will be looking forward to the update.

Curt, sounds like you have a busy day today.

TomO, enjoy your night celebrating.

Dave, I've learnt that pick-up/put away never ends.

Jerry, hope you get to report from the bench today.

Karl, tell her that you need hobby time for sanity sakes. 😊

Current weather is 13c (45f), overcast and another day of rain.  According to the weather weenies, we still have another 2 days of rain before we see the sun again.  No modeling last night as it was hockey night.  Was a messy game but Montreal won 3-2.  We shall see what tonight brings.

Have a great day everyone.
Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railroad Co.
www.cvry.ca

TomO/Tloc

Quote from: Jerry on Today at 10:24:41 AMMorning everyone

Rick thanks for coffee & breakfast.
Withdrawal and it's only been a couple of days!!

Larry good luck with the fishing boat.

Curt have a nice day doing whatever.

TomO sounds like you have a production line in trees and auto racks!!

Karl try to stay dry!

Weather here in South Jersey is sunny/68.
Grandson is here and left for work early this morning.
Diane and have some errands to run later.
Nothing to report from the bench.

Everyone have a great day!! :)

Jerry

Jerry the scale model trees for the most part are done for the 10/7 install date that I now doubt will happen. I created 44 Paper birch, 38 Trembling Aspen and 30 Maple. Other crew created 40 maple, 51 Norway Pines and 93 Conifers. Between 4 of us we have 86 sisal rope bushes and 42 wire armature bushes. We have a slew of wire stumps for the 2 current swamps and 3 more across the full layout. There are 13 various trees that I pulled after inspection that need some work but not much. I will take pictures when they are installed on the layout per our agreement with the tree video producers. This is for the Michigan UP layout.

The PNW 1965 era layout has 11 Aspens and 6 Spruce created but his many trees are getting built between gaps. He's hoping to have areas scenic to install trees in February 2027. So no rush there.

So between real and scale trees. I don't care if I see another one for weeks

The autoracks basically are like any other weathering of freight cars. Clean, fade, graffiti and weather.  Do the clean and fade in a group of 5. Graffiti is one side at a time as is the weathering.
TomO

friscomike

Howdy folks,

Rick, thanks for opening, coffee, and the omelet.  I wondered if the withdrawal had hit you yet.

Larry, congrats on completing the indoor holiday decorations. You'll have fun with all the nautical details.

Curt, hope you feel better soon.  Good luck with the chores.

TomO, sounds like you have many activities in your life.  You'll never be bored. Happy Anniversary!

Dave, congrats on the dry basement.

Karl, I hope she prioritizes your projects high on the list.

Jerry, the weather there sounds mighty fine. Hope the errands went well.

Ron, good luck to your hockey team.

How is the rest of the crew?

IT's a bright day with a forecast high of 88F.  Rain is scheduled for the new week or so and the temperatures are forecast to dip into the 40s and 50s.  YUK.

Today I had an early morning car appointment for a minor oil leak.  This afternoon I worked on rafter tails for the engine shed.

Tomorrow is the big day at the Cathlab.  I hope it is successful and further surgery is not required.

Have fun,
mike




Powered by EzPortal