I now own four CNC machines

Started by Bernd, Today at 08:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernd

As I alluded to in the "Baggage Car - Daily Chat" that I had bought my fourth CNC machine.

https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=7799.0 Message #7.

I'll use this thread to get into a bit of detail on using these machines.

First though let's see what it is, looks like and is capable of.

First a look at the machine from Makera. I purchased the Makera Carvera Air. They make two others that look similar. The Carvera Desktop CNC which comes with a six tool automatic tool changer and the Makera Z1 a cheaper version of the other two and not as ridged as the first two.

The link to the merchant. https://www.makera.com/products/carvera-air

Here are two videos showing what they can do. This first guy has done an excellent job describing why I'll never use or own a 3D printer or laser.


This second video is what it cut on the 4th axis that sold me. It looks like I'll be able to cut steam engine wheels. Scroll to the 20:27 minuet mark.


I looked at this machine when it started out on Kick-Starter but decided to wait a while to get some of the kicks worked out, which they do have on a new product.

Right now I'm at Northern Command and can't wait to get home and try and come up with an explanation for the wife.  :)

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

Powered by EzPortal