Construction on the Black Bear and Bayou

Started by LongHornCaddy, October 09, 2014, 11:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongHornCaddy

Some impressive layouts here!  My wife and I have been working on our Black Bear and Bayou layout since 2011.  We decided on a freelance layout so the D&RGW can meet the Gulf of Mexico.  Our layout runs from the Colorado Rockies to the east Texas bayous.  We're modeling the ever popular transition era in HO/HOn3.  Having a wife that enjoys painting backdrops, doing scenery and building structures is a blessing.  I had a complete thread (on another site) from day one of construction that is now in cyber space some where....  This is our border town of El Segundo.  Not totally finished as we had to put stuff up and get ready for open house this weekend.   Pictures taken with iPhone.  Will get better shots after this weekend/

Chet

GPdemayo

WOW.....y'all have been busy since I saw the photos of your completed man cave on the other forum.  8)

Great work Leo and keep us posted with the progress you're making. I look forward to following along.
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Leo and Lorrie,

Great layout and photos. Just so you know I didn't scan over the photos - I love the buzzards in the dead tree and I like how you cut down the tower to make the station at El Segundo! Great job on the background Lorrie! Thank you for sharing. All thumbs up here.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

bparrish

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

LongHornCaddy

Thank you very much guys.  Hard to believe that just 37 months ago that grass was growing where my layout stands.

tabooma county rwy

The painted backdrops are outstanding and blend beautifully with the foreground scenery.

I also like the modifications you did to Guisano Loco. I have that structure half built and you have inspired me to make some mods to it and complete it.

Great work; keep the photos coming!

Al Carter

LongHornCaddy

This is the Hooten Holler logging area.  To the left is a switch back leading to the upper level.  The second picture is from over a year ago.

Looking down onto Hooten Holler (open house June of 2013)

My wife, Lorrie paining the back drop near the ceiling.

Twin Mills re-named for a friend of mine

Rocky Point

cuse

GPdemayo

Amazing work Leo.....thanks for the updates.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Chet

Your work continues to amaze me. Great work and photos.

Mike Engler

Leo and Lorrie- some spectacular work! And I had wondered what you folks had been up to since Kitforums. Your time has been better spent than mine based on these layout photos.

Good to be in the same tent again!

THE Runner- Mike Engler in Lakeville, MN
mike.engler59@gmail.com

Powersteamguy1790

Looking good as always Leo.

Stay cool and run steam...... 8) 8)

bparrish

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?