The "new" JJJ&E In N Scale

Started by Powersteamguy1790, October 21, 2014, 02:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Powersteamguy1790

Quote from: S&S RR on November 02, 2014, 08:41:49 PM
Bob

Great looking Roundhouse! I'm enjoying the thread. We love trains and pictures here - of all scales.

Thanks John... :) I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying this thread. Scales really don't matter, it's all about model railroading. ;)

Stay cool and run steam........ 8) 8)

Powersteamguy1790

I'll probably post another round of photo's sometime tomorrow. 8) 8)

Stay cool and run steam........ 8) 8)

Powersteamguy1790

It's been two years since I posted any photo's on my layout, the "new" JJJ&E. Hopefully, I'll post some new photo's of the layout. The basic scenery is now over 98& completed and the layout is in full operation for almost eight years now.

Stay cool and run steam....... 8) 8)

Bob aka PSG1790

S&S RR

I'm looking forward to the update.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Powersteamguy1790

Full View Of The 18 Foot Switching Yard of the "new" JJJ&E

A View Of The backdrop Buildings Adjacent To The Mainline Track Of The Switching Yard

Powersteamguy1790

Panoramic View Of The 18 Foot Switching Yard From The Roof Of The 24 Stall Roundhouse

Stay cool and run steam....... 8) 8)

ak-milw

Hey Bob, how ya been? haven't heard from you since The whistle post went down, Looks like you are still doing some fine work.

Janbouli

Great Yard Bob , and fantastic to see N-scale again.
I love photo's, don't we all.

ACL1504

Bob,

Wow, you've been busy. Thanks for sharing the update with us. The large yard looks great.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Zephyrus52246

jimmillho

Powersteamguy1790

Quote from: ak-milw on September 22, 2016, 10:58:18 PM
Hey Bob, how ya been? haven't heard from you since The whistle post went down, Looks like you are still doing some fine work.

How are you doing Andy? It's been quite a while since we spoke. These are old photo's of the "new" JJJ&E switching yard. You've seen them on The Whistle Post before it disbanded  due to Kevin's passing.

I saw and answered Janbouli's post yesterday about the Modelers Forum on N.Scale.net, so I decided to have another look at the forum. When I started to post here two years ago, there wasn't much going on in N scale. It still looks like HO scale is the scale of choice.

I can deal with that as I modeled in HO scale for close to over forty odd years, before I switched to N scale in 2000.

Good to chat with you again Andy.

Stay cool and run steam...... 8) 8)

Powersteamguy1790

Quote from: Janbouli on September 23, 2016, 05:38:46 AM
Great Yard Bob , and fantastic to see N-scale again.

Thanks Janbouli. I guess I'll start to post again on this forum.

Stay cool and run steam.... 8) 8)

Powersteamguy1790

Quote from: ACL1504 on September 23, 2016, 05:48:17 AM
Bob,

Wow, you've been busy. Thanks for sharing the update with us. The large yard looks great.

Tom ;D

Thanks Tom. The switching yard and turntable area is 18 feet long and 30 inches wide. The turnaround in the turntable area is 50"x50". The radii in the turntable turnaround area is 23.5 inches. I used 30 inch radii on the rest the layout which equates to about 60 inches in HO scale.

After eight years of full operation, I'm very satisfied with this layout as I can run trains continuously or from point to point. The layout room is 21'x12' and the layout is an inverted "U" shape.

Stay cool and run steam..... 8) 8)

Powersteamguy1790

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on September 23, 2016, 07:33:29 AM
So much steam.  Nice yard.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I was always infatuated with steam locomotives. I also have transition era diesel locomotives and well as some large late diesels that I purchased recently.

Stay cool and run steam...... 8) 8)