Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin -- 1950's

Started by ak-milw, December 24, 2013, 06:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ak-milw

I added a top ledge to the retaining wall and put down a 3/16 thick piece or Gator board to raise the station and the house up to track level. Next is a set of steps up out of the parking lot and some plaster work, then I can get it painted.

GaryMc

Andy, you have been busy since the last time I saw pictures of your layout from a previous forum we both belonged to. Glad I found your work again and keep up the great work.
Regards,

Gary

ak-milw

Hey Gary,
Glad to have you back. I sort of settled in here a little awhile ago myself. Everyone here is very helpful and some REALLY great modeling going on. So far they have put up my attempts at building a layout.

ak-milw

Filled the back and right side with plaster and built two sets of stairs. When the plaster is good and dry I will paint it all with a base coat. Dark brown where the house sits and the rest concrete.

ACL1504

Andy,

You've been busy as well and the houses look great. I remember my Grandmother in Vandalia, Illinois had a yard wall like the one you are building. I sat and walked on it many many times.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ak-milw

Thanks Tom, The house that will be going there is and old Victorian with a tower. It's the Laser Art Tower house. I needed to raise the station to track level so I figured I might as well do the house too. The wall was an afterthought. I think I will be putting an iron fence on top of it.

ak-milw

Painted on the final concrete color and an A/I wash.

ACL1504

Quote from: ak-milw on October 31, 2016, 09:20:53 PM
Thanks Tom, The house that will be going there is and old Victorian with a tower. It's the Laser Art Tower house. I needed to raise the station to track level so I figured I might as well do the house too. The wall was an afterthought. I think I will be putting an iron fence on top of it.

Andy,

My mother and Aunt Ruby grew up in this Victorian in Vandalia, Il. I stayed there as a small boy one summer and always was afraid to go to sleep. It just plain scared me. It's now owned my some church group for unwed mothers.

Tom ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ak-milw

ak-milw

Painted on the brown base color and added the passenger crossing platform.

next will be ballast up to the platform and the triangle piece on the right.

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Powersteamguy1790

Nice work on the platform crossing Andy. :) 8)

Stay cool and run steam......... 8) 8)

ak-milw

Thanks for stopping in guy's

Ballast done up to the road.

ak-milw

A little progress being made, I filled in the small triangle and added a guard rail.

ACL1504

Andy,

After some time the little additions add up to the full scene. Corner looks good.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com