FOS Scale Models "Oyster Hill" HO kit #200

Started by madharry, November 14, 2020, 07:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

The middle section walls which will link the two parts of the building together. These are made from corrugated wood panels. They were painted a dark grey and then I used a sponge to add an ochre colour before using chalks and Bragdon powders. This is the first time I have used this method as I normally use Campbells aluminium duly etched. I am pleased with the result. There will further weathering when it is joined up with the two other parts of the structure.
Mike

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Mark Dalrymple

You have been busy!

Coming on a treat.  The corrugated iron came up very well.

Cheers, Mark.

postalkarl

Hey Mike:

This is coming along very nicely. Can't wait for more.

Karl

tom.boyd.125

Mike,
Great progress photos of this FOS limited run kit.
Hope the move to the new location went well and you now have more room for the hobby.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Opa George

What a great burst of progress, Mike.  Everything looks excellent. I love the different materials in the basement and upper story portions.  You captured each texture very well.

Well done so far.

--Opa George

ACL1504

Mike,

Oyster Hill is looking really great. If all looks just wonderful.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

madharry

Thanks very much Dennis, Jerry, Curt, Bob, Mark, Karl, Tommy, George and Tom!
The multi-floor building had to be corrected a little. However I am happy with it now. I have added the roof and cut the rafter tails. All 26 of them. I will leave that task until tomorrow. I can do Greg speed as well! The little billboard will then be offered up to the roof. The door is missing from the kit. I think is quite common as other modellers have said there's was missing too. I believe it should be a Tichy plastic one with a double window over the door. I think I have one at the other house. But as we are all in Tier 4 lockdown I cannot travel there at the moment.

Mike

ReadingBob

Looks great Mike!  I really like the variations in colors of the boards.  The billboard is quite nice too.  Heck, it all is.

On a different note when the news was on the other night there was a segment where your Prime Minister was speaking.  My wife made the comment "Somebody really needs to get that man a comb."   ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

Quote from: ReadingBob on December 30, 2020, 03:49:09 PM
Looks great Mike!  I really like the variations in colors of the boards.  The billboard is quite nice too.  Heck, it all is.

On a different note when the news was on the other night there was a segment where your Prime Minister was speaking.  My wife made the comment "Somebody really needs to get that man a comb."   ;D
Boris really needs a proper haircut. I think he needs to visit my local barber "Baldies". And guess what like all taxi drivers my hair dresser knows how to run the country with apologies to George Burns,,,,,,,,,, Thanks for the nice compliments Bob................

Mike

madharry