R. T. HARDING MINING CO.

Started by Jerry, May 10, 2020, 09:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Just a quick up date on where I'm at.

The two tables are done.  They still need weathering after they are in the building.

You can now see the collection boxes have been added at the bottom of the table and along the left hand side.

Next up is the siding for the building.

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

deemery

I wonder if an active table would be so rusty...  Love the build, just speculating on how the prototype would look when it's operating. 

I suppose somewhere there's an active stamp mill with Wilfley Tables. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jerry

Curt thanks for the nice comliment.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Jerry

Dave I'm not done with the weathering yet but don't forget there was water running down those tables constantly.

There not as rusty as picture shows either but I figure when I put the final weathering on them it will under the lights in the mill.

I'm glad that your following along and like it so far thanks for the comment.

Jerry

postalkarl

Hey Jerry the tables look just great. Can't wait to see more of this kit.

Karl

Jerry

Hey Karl thanks for looking in and thanks for the kind words it's really appreciated.

Jerry

postalkarl

Hey Jerry:

You are quite welcome.

Karl

deemery

Quote from: Jerry on October 06, 2020, 03:20:02 PM
There not as rusty as picture shows either but I figure when I put the final weathering on them it will under the lights in the mill.

Exactly!  You'd need exposure to air to get the rust on the inside of the table :-)

dave

Jerry

Quote from: deemery on October 07, 2020, 03:47:53 PM
Quote from: Jerry on October 06, 2020, 03:20:02 PM

Exactly!  You'd need exposure to air to get the rust on the inside of the table :-)

dave

Thanks for following up Dave.  I'm still in the learning part of this.  There isn't to many that have built the Mill or never posted pictures of them.

Jerry

Jerry

The first wall is sided.  It's not that bright in real life.

One picture is inside to show what the framework really looks like.

The windows are just to fill in the holes.  Doors still need to be made.

deemery

I'm inclined to think the interior of a mill would look more weathered/stained, from the steam and particularly the dust from the stamps. 

Outside looks great, I'd try some A&I wash on the inside to grunge it up some :-)

dave

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Jerry

Quote from: deemery on October 12, 2020, 03:47:51 PM
I'm inclined to think the interior of a mill would look more weathered/stained, from the steam and particularly the dust from the stamps. 

Outside looks great, I'd try some A&I wash on the inside to grunge it up some :-)

dave

Thanks Dave really appreciate the compliment.

Don't worry when the drops down and the grinders start and stamps start hammering there be plenty of dust & grime!

Jerry

Jerry