The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

In the next photo you can see the turntable bridge in a position where on each end is marked "No Track".

This is a dead zone for the track on the bridge. This position is where the turntable reverses the track polarity. In this position the rails on the turntable are dead.

It doesn't mean I can't put rails there, which I will, but it means these tracks are not usable for active service.

I'll place some railroad related items or non revenue rolling stock on these tracks.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

sdrees

Hi Tom,

Are you sure you have enough tracks around your turntable?
Steve Drees
SP RR

jimmillho

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: sdrees on November 09, 2018, 08:26:52 PM
Hi Tom,

Are you sure you have enough tracks around your turntable?

Steve,

No, I have room for two more! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tom  8)
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jimmillho on November 09, 2018, 10:18:00 PM
Are the runoff tracks long enough?

Jim

Jim,

Yes, they are unless Greg comes out of the roundhouse at "Greg Speed".

Just saying.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on November 10, 2018, 08:19:43 AM

Jim

Jim,

Just saying.

Tom ;D

Now wait a minute.....you told me that under no circumstances am I to get up to "Greg Speed" in the roundhouse "area". So why would I need need extra long track if I'm not doing "Greg Speed"?  ???
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jimmillho

Quote from: GPdemayo on November 10, 2018, 09:00:55 AM

Jim

Jim,

Just saying.

Tom ;D

Now wait a minute.....you told me that under no circumstances am I to get up to "Greg Speed" in the roundhouse "area". So why would I need need extra long track if I'm not doing "Greg Speed"?  ???

Bad Brakes ?

Jim

GPdemayo

Quote from: jimmillho on November 10, 2018, 10:26:26 AM
Quote from: GPdemayo on November 10, 2018, 09:00:55 AM

Jim

Jim,

Just saying.

Tom ;D

Bad Brakes ?

Jim

Luckily no bad brakes today Jim.....I followed all the posted Tahope and roundhouse speeds and Tom even made me pull into and out of the roundhouse.....no accidents.  ::)

I even got to operate the turntable, but there was no "Greg Speed" button to get it going fast enough that the engine got vaulted off the tracks when the emergency stop was applied.  :(

I must confess.....the devil made me do it.....Tom had to run into the house for a minute, so as I came off the turntable, I hit the throttle and went zipping under the coaling tower, but eased off the throttle to get thru Tahope when Tom came back in the shed. I know it was wrong and honestly feel terrible about it.....confession is so good for the soul (especially since Curt would have come on and ratted me out).  ;) ;) ;)

Anyway, I am exhausted from running everything so slowly and think I'll curl up with a book and nod off for awhile.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jimmillho

Greg, Did you check for the Security Cameras.

"TOM WAS WATCHING"

Jim

ACL1504

We had a great time this morning.

I had Curt run the long Pennsy passenger train. He was much slower than even I run it.

Greg made his debut on the turntable and roundhouse tracks. He was in fact very good. However, I knew he did something due to the fact I came back in and the brakes on the Pennsy 2-8-2 were still smoking. And, he immediately confessed due to a guilty conscience.

I put the Judge through some turntable paces and we discovered the turntable wasn't switching polarity to the two outbound tracks.

I'll report back on this issue later after I get it fixed.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Quote from: jimmillho on November 10, 2018, 04:42:38 PM
Greg, Did you check for the Security Cameras.

"TOM WAS WATCHING"

Jim

Oh crap.....I thought I was in the clear with Bill all the way down at the other end.....darn,,,darn...darn.  :o
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: PRR Modeler on November 10, 2018, 04:11:39 PM
That hurts Greg. ;)

Okay, you wouldn't have. I should have more kind and thoughtful of your feelings, but the guilt made me nuts.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL