The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Oberleitner

Quote from: ACL1504 on November 01, 2019, 06:23:08 PM
Now, I need to let ya'll know I'm not the great bridge builder you gave me credit for.

This next photo says it all - The bridge and road don't line up.

The bridge and road are a HO scale 5 feet off.

Come to think of it, not my fault, it's the damn surveyor's fault. I built it to the correct specifications, per the bridge blue prints.

Continued -

Maybe this will just give the Judge a chance  to tell us a story about the road surveyor crews in you area.

jimmillho

I think this is nothing more than a mis-calculation of the Tangential Isosceles that appears in all Bridge Construction done after the idea has gelled.  A possible re-do of your concrete composition in the closest road may need to be looked at for a possible positive conclusion.

Don't be afraid of the Dark Arts.

Jim

GPdemayo

It looks to be another government job - over budget and over schedule.  >:( >:( >:(
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on November 02, 2019, 08:50:50 AM
Tom just getting caught up again.  The scene with the new tress beautifully done.

The road and bridge someone needs to be fired for this!!  ;)

Jerry,

Thank you for the compliment. I'd like to fire myself but I can't take the time off.  8)

However, I will find someone to blame it on.

Tom ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on November 02, 2019, 10:12:37 AM

Maybe this will just give the Judge a chance  to tell us a story about the road surveyor crews in you area.

I'm counting on it.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jimmillho on November 02, 2019, 11:41:54 AM
I think this is nothing more than a mis-calculation of the Tangential Isosceles that appears in all Bridge Construction done after the idea has gelled.  A possible re-do of your concrete composition in the closest road may need to be looked at for a possible positive conclusion.

Don't be afraid of the Dark Arts.

Jim

Jim,

Yea, a miscalculation of the isosceles triangle for sure. I guess I should have paid more attention in calculus class.

Tom 8)
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on November 02, 2019, 01:20:41 PM
It looks to be another government job - over budget and over schedule.  >:( >:( >:(

Greg,

Possibly so. However, I didn't see the other five government workers standing around while I did all the work.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The bridge is almost finished but I need to fix the roadway now.

I planned on cutting off one side and adding to the other. I decided this would look half ass so decided against it.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I measured back to where the slight curve in the road starts and made a cut.

I then removed the entire section including the pink foam.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com