The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

jimmillho

Looks just like the Old Road was never moved.  Great job Tom.

Jim

Mark Dalrymple

ACL1504

Quote from: Blazeman on November 03, 2019, 08:29:58 PM
Shows us even the best can err now and then.   Nice recovery.  Great that you shared the entire situation with us.

Larry,

Thanks for stopping by. Yes, I've made a few, okay several, mistakes overtime. I believe sharing the good and the bad or mistakes makes us all better modelers.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jerryrbeach on November 03, 2019, 08:45:28 PM
Tom,

I actually like the road better now with the slight curve.  I know it ended up being extra work, but looks to me like a happy accident.

Jerry,

Thank you. I do as well. It just looks better now. Who would think a mistake would turned out for the better.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jbvb on November 04, 2019, 07:26:41 AM
Roads often have jogs next to river crossings from building a new bridge next to the old one.

James,

I agree and have seen plenty in my travels. Appreciate you checking in for a comment.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on November 04, 2019, 08:58:06 AM
Hey Tom:

Looking good. I'm following along.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you, very much appreciate you following along.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jimmillho on November 04, 2019, 04:26:34 PM
Looks just like the Old Road was never moved.  Great job Tom.

Jim

Butty Jim,

Thank you for stopping by and for the compliment.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I sealed the cardboard road with full strength white glue and let it dry overnight. Sealing the road will prevent it from coming up or warping later when wet scenery is applied to the edges.

The next morning I painted the road with full strength Floquil Guilford Gray. What you see is actually the second coat of gray paint.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

sdrees

So Tom, the screw up ended up making the scene more interesting.
Steve Drees
SP RR

ACL1504

A couple of months ago, I sold EricQuebec a FSM kit he was looking for. That started me thinking that I didn't really need the money as much as I needed the space under the layout.

I emailed Eric and posed a solution that would save him some money and I'd get something in return. That something was in the way of Eric building two small Bar Mills kits for the Atlantic and Southern RR or System as the Judge reports.

This way Eric saves a good chunk of $$ and I get to have the honor of two of his builds on my layout.

I sent Eric Honest Joe's Pawn & Loan and O'Douls flop House.

Needless to say I now have two fantastic structures to add to the structures that will occupy real estate in Tahope.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com