Southern New England Railway

Started by CVSNE, January 15, 2015, 02:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twist67

Hi,

He cannery scene is looking great. It´s nice to see an overall shot how all is coming together.
Fantastic work.

Regards,Chris

CVSNE

Thanks for the kind words Tom and Chris,

I'm in the middle of a major rework on the other end of the layout (far end of the basement in the overall pic - once that mess is somewhat cleaned up I need to shoot a new 'walking tour' of the entire layout and update the blog. Will include some of those photos here.

Marty
Marty McGuirk
Manassas, VA

tom.boyd.125

Quote from: CVSNE on July 11, 2016, 08:57:49 AM
After some major issues with gluing the ballast in place I got the cannery installed on the layout and added trees to the hillside behind it. I need to install some additional lighting in front since the current lighting is not hitting the front of the scene. Always something....

Marty,
Really nice job on the Dermeritt Cannery build ! Need to pick up some of that Evergreen styrene material you used. Like that Randolph Coal & Ice on your blog too. Should make great additions to the CV RR.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

CVSNE

Thanks Tom,

Here's the Randolph Coal and Ice Co. Tom was referring to:

Marty McGuirk
Manassas, VA

Twist67

Hi,
wow,that´s a fantastic looking structure.

Regards,Chris

ger deguelle

Erieman

Marty,

Very nice structure indeed. More pics please.

Frank / Erieman

CVSNE

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
I'm still in the middle of reworking the far end of the layout. Believe I've rounded the corner and I'm now doing more adding than subtracting, if you know what I mean!

Will post more photos once there is something worthy of being photographed!

Marty
Marty McGuirk
Manassas, VA

ACL1504

Marty,

Randolph Coal and Ice is stunning. Absolutely beautiful!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

bparrish

Marty........

That area would look great with a traveling hopper in it.  Put your name up with John to have George's hopper to come by.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

postalkarl

Hi Marty:

that's quite a structure. Nicely built. Like the colors you used.

Karl

CVSNE

Thanks Tom, Bob, and Karl!

I need to weather the roof panels and I also want to weather and shift the tone of the concrete support structure before planting this thing in the layout.
The building will end up on a slope - so the trackside (with the lettering) will have little or no foundation exposed. The rear of the building is almost fully exposed.

Marty
Marty McGuirk
Manassas, VA

GPdemayo

Neat structure & great job Marty..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

CVSNE

After two weeks of evenings spent working through the track arrangements in Essex Junction I'm going to spend some time at the bench today building a model. If anyone is interested, I posted a video showing my layout progress on YouTube yesterday. Link:

[/size][/font]

My video skills have a long way to go!Marty McGuirk
Marty McGuirk
Manassas, VA

Powersteamguy1790

Nice work Marty. :) 8)

Stay cool and run steam..... 8) 8)