Southern New England Railway

Started by CVSNE, January 15, 2015, 02:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tct855

Marty,
            Damn fine progress update!  Layout is coming along very nicely indeed.  I really like how you're building and adding large structures to the overall layout. I like to see Fast tracks switches are still being built.  Keep going brother, we need more layouts to view trains running through!  Thanx Thom...

ACL1504

Marty,

Wonderful video and update. Your video editing skills are way ahead of mine sir.

I'll get on that when I'm not busy with the layout. Time, time and more time is all I need. ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for sharing.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

CVSNE

Thanks for the kind words! The video editing is fun but it does take time.
I was inspired to do this by Mike Deverell (see his Colorado Front Range YouTube channel), but the real inspiration came from Gerry Leone's Bona Vista update videos (also on YouTube).
Mike's are long, extremely well done shows (they're almost broadcast quality) - while Gerry's updates are a little more "shoot from the hip."
We'll see how this evolves over the next few months.
But, hey, I had fun doing it and have some ideas (improvements!) for the next one.

Marty

Marty McGuirk
Manassas, VA

CVSNE

While I've been engaged in the (seemingly) never ending process of laying track and wiring same, Bernie Kempinski came by yesterday and finished up the Main Street backdrop in Essex Junction, Vt.
He painted the distant treeline and basic landscape.

Then he added buildings that he drew up in Adobe Illustrator based on vintage photos of those from the prototype scene.

Next step is on me to add the foreground scenery, structures, and trees.
Marty McGuirk
Manassas, VA

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Powersteamguy1790

Nicely done Marty. :) 8)

Stay cool and run steam........ 8) 8)

ACL1504

Marty,

The backdrop looks really good.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb

CVSNE

thanks for the feedback to all!

I took the afternoon off work yesterday and managed to complete the mainline. Then I spent more than an hour cleaning up the mess the top of the layout had become.
Some of the local gang are coming over tonight to hook up the new NCE wireless system. Things are moving along.

Marty
Marty McGuirk
Manassas, VA

CVSNE

The Monday after the Springfield show, Stic Harris, Bernie Kempinski and me journeyed west through the Massachusetts countryside to pay a visit to Dick Elwell.
Here's photo proof of the visit (Bernie is behind the camera).

One of many of the excellent running, and sounding, locomotives running on the Hoosac Valley for many years has been a remotored, regeared, and sound-equipped Custom Brass Model of a Central Vermont M-3-a class 2-8-0 - specifically No. 450.

Dick made sure she was out for our visit. You can see her here about to start what would be her last run over HV rails.

I was so impressed with the model that I decided it would look much better on my layout than Dick's, so I took it home with me (I'm hiding it behind my back in the photo of Dick, Stic and myself, which explains my uncharacteristic big smile ;) )

Seriously, I'm thrilled to be able to give this model a good home - my only problem is deciding what I do with my other no. 450...

Marty

Marty McGuirk
Manassas, VA

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb

CVSNE

I haven't posted in this thread for a while - a few months ago my wife and I decided to build a new basement (I think there's a house on top...) and sell our current home - which meant the layout had to come out of the basement - one way or another.
In the end I opted to not try and save the layout - so here is the last photo of I took of the Manasas version of the Southern New England -

I'm looking forward to the new basement - I'm not looking forward to moving....

Regards,

Marty

Marty McGuirk
Manassas, VA

jrmueller

Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

ACL1504

I feel the pain. But the new layout will be just as awesome.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

That looks painful. Good luck with your future home and layout endeavors.
Curt Webb