KC's Workshop Cerzullo's Fruit Packing Build

Started by ACL1504, January 25, 2015, 04:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: coors2u on March 22, 2015, 07:23:45 AM
Tom, I always enjoy the precision of your work. Looks great.

Dustin,

Thank you for the very generous and kind feedback. I very much appreciate it. This was a fun build and wait until you see my next big build. Here is a hint.

Railscale Miniatures Delwin's Boat and Net Storage.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Cuse on March 22, 2015, 09:24:44 AM
Nice work Tom. I agree with what Dustin says about your precision. Whether it's trackwork, benchwork, rafter tails, or structure corners - it's always perfect! I aspire to have a fraction of your patience.

John

John,

Thank you, I very much appreciate you support in all my endeavors. I'm not sure I have all the patience ya'll give me credit for. You should see what happens between the scenes/posts. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on March 22, 2015, 11:17:37 AM
:D  Looks great Tom.  I assume we'll be taking this one with us to the EXPO and I'll get to see it there.   ;D ;D ;D

Bob,

Much appreciated, thanks. Yes, we'll be taking this one with us so Kenny, KC's Workshop, can have it for his display! I will be quite happy to view the one you did for RS.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Amagic41

Tom ..... Turned out great !!!! Can't wait to put it on display this weekend .... Thanks again !!
Ken Crump
KC's Workshop
Bowie,Md
www.kcworkshop.com

tom.boyd.125

Thanks for sharing this kit build by this newer company. I checked his website tonight and he offers some neat details for sale too. Nice job on your build !
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Amagic41 on March 22, 2015, 12:40:00 PM
Tom ..... Turned out great !!!! Can't wait to put it on display this weekend .... Thanks again !!

Ken,

Thank you, very much appreciated. And, thank you for letting me build this one for you. We got through the changes and I'm very pleased how it all turned out. I have it ready to deliver as well.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on March 24, 2015, 02:02:07 AM
Thanks for sharing this kit build by this newer company. I checked his website tonight and he offers some neat details for sale too. Nice job on your build !

Tom,

Thank you for your kind words and following along. This was a fun build and the kit is one that can fit anywhere on a layout, trackside or other wise. The awning on the front of this kit was from one of Ken's detail packages.

Tom ;D

Tom
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Amagic41

Quote from: ACL1504 on March 24, 2015, 05:47:05 AM
Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on March 24, 2015, 02:02:07 AM

Tom,

Thank you for your kind words and following along. This was a fun build and the kit is one that can fit anywhere on a layout, trackside or other wise. The awning on the front of this kit was from one of Ken's detail packages.

Tom ;D

Tom
And the awning has been widened and added  to  the kit
Ken Crump
KC's Workshop
Bowie,Md
www.kcworkshop.com

jonnyci

Tom

Is the road technique simply cardboard and glue?  What color did you use to paint it?  The color between the tracks appears more brown than the road and the road looks like there is a little more texture than just glue on cardboard.  Nice work.

Thanks
Jon

ACL1504

Quote from: jonnyci on March 24, 2015, 11:41:41 PM
Tom

Is the road technique simply cardboard and glue?  What color did you use to paint it?  The color between the tracks appears more brown than the road and the road looks like there is a little more texture than just glue on cardboard.  Nice work.

Thanks
Jon

Jon,

Thank you for stopping by. Yes, the road is actually a piece of cardboard just as I showed in the build. You can get a piece 3X3 ft. for about $3.00 at Sam Flax Art Supply store. I painted it with Floquil Grey after coating it with the Elmer's White Glue. The texture appearance on the road may be to the way the glue dried.

The area on the road around/over the tracks is nothing more than stripwood painted and stained with Alcohol and India Ink mix. The scale stripwood is the scale size of 2X8's.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hi tom:

Very nice diorama. Came out great.

Karl

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on March 30, 2015, 09:47:35 AM
Hi tom:

Very nice diorama. Came out great.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you, much appreciated. It was a fun project. I gave it to Kenny at the EXPO.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

donatode

ACL1504

Quote from: Donato on March 30, 2015, 12:48:17 PM
Well ... did he like it?

(I did !!)

Well, he said he did. I believe he did, he had it on display!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com