Sheepscot Autocar C-90 for the A&S Railroad.

Started by Raymo, June 15, 2015, 05:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

Well it's been awhile since I posted on this thread but I did finish this build up and it's in Sunny Florida as I type this. The remainder of the build was just a few steps of assembly and weathering.

Raymo

In this photo I've attached the axle's to the frame with 5 minute epoxy and added a piece of wire for a driveshaft. I don't know if I showed how to build the muffler but that's a bit of wire with a piece of plastic tubing slid over it. All this was touched up with black paint.

Raymo

Once that was dry, I weathered the frame and body/cab assemblies with a light pass of Floquil mud and Grimy Black.

ACL1504

Dan,

That is one wonderful Comfort Coal truck. I'm just blown away with the quality and realism of your vehicle builds.

Again, great job on the Expo clinic as well.

It was well worth the price of admission.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Raymo

When that was dry, the cab was attached first with 5 minute epoxy making sure it was square to the cab. About an hour later, I attached the body to the frame using the angles to keep the body square to the cab and a weight on top to hold down. this dried overnight.

Raymo

Quote from: ACL1504 on April 07, 2016, 05:18:29 PM
Dan,

That is one wonderful Comfort Coal truck. I'm just blown away with the quality and realism of your vehicle builds.

Again, great job on the Expo clinic as well.

It was well worth the price of admission.

Tom ;D
Thanks Tom! ;D

Raymo

I forgot to say after the light passes of weathering, I Dullcoated the three assemblys. This photo doesn't really show it but I've painted the window areas with some Polly S Semi Gloss clear. My theory behind this is as grimy a vehicle would get the windows would always have a bit of shine.

Raymo

I also added some Galley Glass to the headlamps and did some more weathering with some weathering powders.

Raymo

And that's it, this thread has come to an end. Hope you enjoyed it. Raymo                 Final Photos

ACL1504

For those following, the Comfort truck now has a place on the Atlantic and Southern RR. Honestly, folks, the pictures are very nice but really don't show the craftsmanship of the build.

I'm very fortunate to have this one on the layout.

Thanks again Dan!

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Raymo

No problem Tom, I'll get started on the other truck after a little break. ;D

Zephyrus52246

Nice truck.  I had to reread the thread on how you did the windows.  You were right, it's not in the video.   :(  Thanks for the lesson!

Jeff

Raymo

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on April 07, 2016, 08:08:49 PM
Nice truck.  I had to reread the thread on how you did the windows.  You were right, it's not in the video.   :(  Thanks for the lesson!

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. We filmed for over 2 hours for the video and it was cut down to the 45 minutes. How I did the windows is one thing I wish they left in.

cuse

Beautiful job Dan! I enjoyed the clinic as well.

Thanks again for the generous loaning of your tools at the EXPO. I was in a pinch...you're the man!

John

S&S RR

Dan

After going to your clinic at the EXPO I came back and reread you thread. I enjoyed the clinic - you did a great job and this thread serves as a way for me to remember what you taught us - thanks for sharing. Enter bookmark here for future reference. ;)
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad