SP RR

Started by sdrees, January 30, 2016, 10:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Looks great and simpler than using DPDT switches and the associated million wires.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

sdrees

Just an update on what is going on with the layout.  After I installed the first 25 switch machines
I had a problem with a short in one of my power district. I couldn't find it for about a week.  Well, today, I found it and what it was several pc board ties on a switch where the copper foil was not cut.  What was really baffling, was that I had been running trains over this switch before the I had installed any switch machine.  So a few more electrical items to take care of before an open house this Saturday.

Also my sister was here last week.  She did some more work on the backdrop.  So it is coming along nicely.  No pictures yet, as the area she is painting now is still a work in progress.
Steve Drees
SP RR

LongHornCaddy

postalkarl

Hi Steve:

Looks like you are having lots of fun. I'd be lost with all that electronic work.

Karl

sdrees

Karl,

I am also lost with all that electronic work.  That's is why I am having a lot of frustration.  Just ask my wife, she can here my cussing in the house while I am in the garage working on the railroad.
Steve Drees
SP RR

sdrees

Sorry I don't have a bunch of pictures to post, unless you like switch machines and wiring.  I have completed the installation of about 40 tortoise switch machines and 3 control panels and an auto reverser for a double crossing and I don't know how many feet of wire.  I still have 10 switch machines to go and one control panel at the sawmill area.  Can't complain tonight and there are no shorts.  Everything works perfect. 
Steve Drees
SP RR

sdrees

I have been finishing the track work in the sawmill area.  In order to achieve this, I had to permanently install several of my Sierra West Scale project dioramas which contain track.  The Main Street and the Loco Service Facility.  I have been installing the switch machines, bus wire and the feeder wires. 
Steve Drees
SP RR

GPdemayo

The dios look good on the layout Steve..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

They look very nice with the laid track.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

sdrees

Thanks Greg and Curt for you compliment.  I should finish up the major electrical portion of layout in several weeks.  That will be a relief.
Steve Drees
SP RR

S&S RR

Steve

That is going to be a great looking scene. Your builds are going to look even better with scenery around them. Fantastic work!
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

EricQuebec

Quote from: S&S RR on December 28, 2017, 01:33:44 PM
Steve

That is going to be a great looking scene. Your builds are going to look even better with scenery around them. Fantastic work!

Yes indeed, but your pictures are too small to appreciate all your effort on this 2 dio...
Eric QUebec city

sdrees

Eric, c lick on the picture and it will get larger.  Thanks for you comments everyone.

Steve Drees
SP RR

EricQuebec

Quote from: sdrees on December 28, 2017, 10:05:34 PM
Eric, c lick on the picture and it will get larger.  Thanks for you comments everyone.
Yes I Know :) I was talking about this  picture size :)
Eric QUebec city

sdrees

Here are another couple of pictures of the sawmill area.  I just finished the electrical work in this area and the installation of the tortoise switch machines and also the control panel.  This is the end of the major electrical work for the layout.  Now it is time to build more structures and scenery and get the backdrop finished.
Steve Drees
SP RR