Franklin & South Manchester trackside video

Started by Erieman, April 12, 2016, 05:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erieman

Okay boys and girls, here is one of three videos of George Sellios Franklin & South Manchester railroad shot from the trackside perspective while attending the recent 2016 EXPO in Danvers, Ma. I used a Mobius, HD Wide screen 1080P video camera mounted a flat car. The first video is with the camera in front of the engine. Video two will be the view from the rear of a train. special Thanks to George Sellios for letting me shoot his awesome layout and to Thom Driggers for doing all the video editing.  http://www.thomscustomtrains.com/videos.html     or    https://youtu.be/ioU1ANL9rJA  and https://youtu.be/_x_tirYQb1k
Frank / Erieman

ACL1504

Uh, Frank, did you forget to post the video?

Tom 8)
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Erieman

Quote from: ACL1504 on April 12, 2016, 05:23:11 PM
Uh, Frank, did you forget to post the video?

Tom 8)

Due to technical difficulties and my lack of computer skill, I made an error. It is now corrected. Enjoy the video, my Friend.

Frank / Erieman

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Raymo

Great videos! It even caught me paying George cash. ;D  With this technology in mini cameras everything can be seen in Hi-Def.

Erieman

Okay,

There is a second video taken from the back of the train: https://youtu.be/_x_tirYQb1k
Frank / Erieman

ak-milw

Frank, I didn't think it could get any better than the pictures, but the video is SUPURB!!

tct855

Frank,
          When are you going to George's to film more great videos? Perhaps you could be the next Allen Keller?  Good job on the vids.  Traveling to layouts and filming could be your next great thing!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Thom...

ACL1504

Wonderful video Frank and great job on the editing Thom. I'm happy I was there to see it all.

Tom
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

tct855

Tom,
           Me too! ha.  It was nice to meet & get to know all you guys a bit.  Wish we had more time together.  Perhaps again in 18 months! 
                                                                                                                                                                                                             Thanx Thom...

sdrees

Frank,

These are the best videos that I have ever seen for a model railroad.  Fantastic!!!!!! Can't say enough.
Steve Drees
SP RR

donatode

WoW!! Thanks Frank and Thom, just wonderful videos.  A lot has been said about the great structures on the F&SM and justifiably so, but these videos impressed me.  The trackwork is just outstanding.  The videos show a very SMOOOOTH run over the rails, no jitter or shakes, no bumps across joints.....just plain silk.  I've seen many "ride along" model railroad videos and they all suffer (not the video, but the railwork) from one ilk or another.

Erieman

Quote from: ak-milw on April 12, 2016, 08:06:26 PM
Frank, I didn't think it could get any better than the pictures, but the video is SUPURB!!

Thanks Andy.

It  was a pleasure to video George's layout and to watch him really smile when he saw it. While the video shows you areas not normally seen from the aisle or photographs, the video has found many areas unseen. It show the true mastery of George Sellios. We owe a lot to him.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Quote from: tct855 on April 12, 2016, 08:20:24 PM
Frank,
          When are you going to George's to film more great videos? Perhaps you could be the next Allen Keller?  Good job on the vids.  Traveling to layouts and filming could be your next great thing!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Thom...

Thom,

You are a very funny guy. I'll only video if you do the editing!!! Touche.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Quote from: sdrees on April 12, 2016, 09:17:42 PM
Frank,

These are the best videos that I have ever seen for a model railroad.  Fantastic!!!!!! Can't say enough.

Steven,

Glad you and Molly enjoyed the videos. They really show the true mastery of the builder - George Sellios.

Frank / Erieman