Barnstead Lumber FSM 195

Started by postalkarl, August 05, 2016, 09:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MASIGMON

Karl/John,
Thank you for the photo of how George used Barnstead on this layout.  I know alot of you guys would recognise that structure in the photo as Barnstead but I know I would not.  I do like the building as just a stand alone structure without all of the out buildings.  Barnstead is a great design structure with the angle entrance. 
Karl, As I have said before when you shared the photo of your earlier build of Barnstead without the back cover is the way I like the structure. Of cource if you are using the structure as a lumber yard you would need all those lumber sorting racks

Thanks again guys for sharing

Mike Sigmon

postalkarl

Hi Mike:

You are quite welcome.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi Guys:

Here's a few progress shots of the lumber shed. It's half finished. On to half 2.

Karl

ak-milw

Another excellent job so far Karl.

postalkarl

Hi Andy:

Thanks buddy. Working on other side now.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi Guys:

Almost done lumber shed. Wanted to see how it would look on the diorama. He's a pre-photo with buildings just sitting in place. No glue.

Karl

Janbouli

The lumber shack is just awesome Karl, looks so real.
I love photo's, don't we all.

postalkarl

Hi Jan:

Glad you like it. Thanks much.

Karl

MASIGMON

Karl,

Did you bother to figure how many different sizes of lumber George gave you with the kit for just to be used in the starage structure.  Did you spot glue each length to keep it in their shelves?

Build is looking great

Mike Sigmon

postalkarl

Hi Mike:

Yeah you got 6 different sizes. I glued them in one at a time on the first half. Very time consuming. On the 2nd half I made nice little piles and thinned down some white glue and put it on one end of the pile with an eye dropper. I did this on a piece of waxed paper.  When dry I glued them in as 1 piece.

Karl

fbernard65

Karl,

Looking good.  I sure hope you weather that roof on the lumber shed.  It is sticking out like a sore thumb compared to the condition of the rest of the structure.

Frank

ACL1504

Karl,

Really like how this one is coming together.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hi Frank:

That's cause it isn't weathered yet. Just waiting for paint to be nice and dry. It was the safest place to store it. Not glued down yet either.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi Tom:

Glad you are enjoying it. Thanks.

Karl

SteveCuster

Looks good Karl. Sometimes it can be difficult to model new fresh wood without it sticking out and looking wrong but you nailed it. Did you do a light A&I wash to tone the stripwood down?

-Steve
Steve Custer