postalkarl

Hi All Barnstead lumber is next.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

1 more pic. Lots of stuff in the box.

Karl

SteveCuster

I'll be following along for this one. I've always liked this kit, I've been trying to figure out how to work it into my layout. Will you be modifying the paint scheme?

-Steve
Steve Custer

Janbouli

I'll be following , the whole 3 days it's going to take Karl to build this   ;D
I love photo's, don't we all.

jimmillho

Hope I can find time in the next 3 days to watch Karl finish this.

Jim

ak-milw

I think Karl deserves a little more credit, three hours will be plenty for him.

tom.boyd.125

Karl, This kit is a favorite !  :) George released it in 1981 and completed mine in 1983... :D ... do you want me to take a few photos and post it in the completed diorama section by Monday ? ... It's 33 years old now and has held up well after 3 moves  ;) ;)  Never sold it like many of the others.  8)... Here's George's original ad from 1981...Can't believe Tommy finished one before you started...and Thanks for giving me a 33 year head start... :) :) :)  Built the old school way, followed the instructions with no dry brushing and very mild weathering back in 1983.... did use real glass & real dirt & hand laid the track.....
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

postalkarl

Hi Guys:

Here's the main building I scratchbuilt years ago for my main street on my layout from the F&SM RR. I made the back wall flat .

Karl

postalkarl

Hi Steve, Jan, Jim And AK:

Thanks for your input And compliments. It will probably take more than htree days

postalkarl

Hi Tommy:

Thanks for your info and input. Post your photos right here on my thread. I can  use them for help in my construction of this kit.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

I'm working on the walls. Here's a progress photo.

Karl

Mark Dalrymple

Looking forward to watching your progress on another FSM kit, Karl.

Cheers, Mark.

tom.boyd.125

Quote from: postalkarl on August 06, 2016, 01:53:48 PM
Hi Tommy:

Thanks for your info and input. Post your photos right here on my thread. I can  use them for help in my construction of this kit.

Karl
Karl,
Here's a few quick shots of the 33 year old diorama that was in storage , may loose parts , large billboard is someplace, etc....your scratch built one is way better than this build....you can see the mild weathering on the roofs, will try to fix it all up....and then post more photos of it later this year in the completed section, since I was unable to find the part box for this kit last night  ;)  Will watch you build bring back old memories.
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

postalkarl

Hi Tom:

Thanks for the pics. They look good. Every little bit helps. I finished the front wall. Here's a pic.

Karl

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.