Barnstead Lumber FSM 195

Started by postalkarl, August 05, 2016, 09:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Karl

I would love to see the pictures of your layout.  The F&SM block looks great in the post above.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Hi John:

I'll see if I can find them.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Ok lets try this again. Hopefully we are back to normal. Here's a photo with the Skoots sign on the roof. Also as requested the Skoots sign is included.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on August 17, 2016, 07:47:49 PM
Hi All:

Ok lets try this again. Hopefully we are back to normal. Here's a photo with the Skoots sign on the roof. Also as requested the Skoots sign is included.

Karl

Thanks Karl

That sign will find it's way on to the S&S Railroad at some point.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Hi All:

Here's a few progress photos. Roofs are about done and I built them as removable to make lighting easier.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

here's a few progress photos. Have to mount structure on base to finish it up. Going to Lowe's to get it this afternoon.

Karl

martin.ojaste

Karl, another one done! Almost. I love the main door treatments.

postalkarl

Hi Marty:

Thanks Glad you like it. It's a long way from done. It will be a 16" X 23" diorama.

Karl

MASIGMON

Karl,
Looking great! 
It is hard to believe after all of these years the Cambell shingle when done right still looks very good for that "Shake" look.  (and you have done it right on)
I also like the "red" outside light.  Most modeled lights are green & a pop of red along with a few other items painted red & lets not forget the red in the shoots sign make this build a little artistic.  Back in the day when Malcolm & I would do articales for the magazines they always wanted a splash of red to draw the readers eyes to the photo.
I have to say & I understand you are building the kit for a freind I do like the structure as you have built it before without the big porch overhang.

Just my thoughts

Mike Sigmon
Jacksonville

postalkarl

HI Mike:

Thanks for the great reply. The reason I painted the light red was because all the trim is green and it would probsably have disappeared. Yeah my friend that mad the Skoots sign did his costume in red. On the real sign the sailor is wearing a yellow rain hat and coat. I made the back wall flat on my model as it was on main street and had no siding.

anyway thanks very much for your input.

Karl

mario1

Hi Karl

16x23.....thats gna be one nice diorama. I shall be following.

Mario
FW&RRry

jimmillho

Karl,
That will be a good sized diorama.

Jim

postalkarl

Hi Mario & Jim:

Yep it is pretty god sized.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi guys:

Barnstead's will be going on the shelf for a week or so as I have two FOS Scale kits to build.

1 Cookson's Soap Co And Grove Woodcrafters.

Then will get back to this one.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Back to Barnstead's tomorrow.

Karl