Barnstead Lumber FSM 195

Started by postalkarl, August 05, 2016, 09:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimkatkim

Karl -

I have some new single-edge razor blades if you need some... ;)

Kimberly

postalkarl

Hi Kim:

Those are new the edges are fine. I know it looks like rust but it is not. I have 15 unopened boxes of 100 each. They are from our Closed Hobby Shop warehouse.

Thanks for the offer though.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

outside walls of the lumber shed are finished. Stained twice with A&I light stain. Lots of weathering per the instructions. Hope they look OK.

Karl

MASIGMON

Karl,  The twice staining of A/I has brought out the differant shades of wood tones.  Looks very realistic & natural

Mike Sigmon

postalkarl

Hi Mike:

Yeah. I think it looks much better with the 2nd coat also. Thanks Mike.

postalkarl

Hi Guys:

Been working on the lumber shed. It's quite a project and isn't finished yet. Have to put all the lumber in the bays and put the roof on.

Here's some progress shots.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

here's a few more.

Karl

coors2u

Where is the "Like"button. I always enjoy your work Karl.
Dustin

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Hi Dustin:

Thanks for the compliment. Much appreciated as always.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi John:

Thanks appreciate the compliment as always.

Karl

MASIGMON

Karl,
Outstanding workmanship!  Alot of stripwood in this kit!  Where is this Barnstead Lumber located on Georges layout or did he change it or not use it? Some of the old kits I have trouble finding.

Mike Sigmon
Jacksonville

postalkarl

Hi Mike:

I don't know it it is on Georges layout. Ask John S. He May know.

Thanks for the compliment. Much appreciated as always. On to stacking lumber in the shed. Oh boy sounds like fun.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: MASIGMON on September 08, 2016, 11:32:10 AM
Karl,
Outstanding workmanship!  Alot of stripwood in this kit!  Where is this Barnstead Lumber located on Georges layout or did he change it or not use it? Some of the old kits I have trouble finding.

Mike Sigmon
Jacksonville

Mike

George used the main building in the town of Bedford Falls.  I have included a picture.  I took a bunch of pictures in this area and will have more on the F&SM thread when I get to this area.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Hi John:

Thanks for the photo. Much appreciated. Hope Mike /sees it.

Karl