Build Challenge 2016 - Dyer's Hardware by Micro-Scale Models

Started by Vilius, September 26, 2016, 02:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hi Vilius:

Very well done the Mfg would be proud of  your build. The cap shingles are great arn't they.

Karl

Karl

Vilius

Karl,

Thank you. The cap shingles take some time to do but they are worth the effort.

Vilius

MAP

Vilius,
I'm really enjoying your build thread.  You are doing a great job on this kit.  As for the clamps, I'm not sure why I started using them...it just snowballed into a clamp addiction with me!  :o
Mark

ACL1504

Vilius,

Clamps or no, the build looks great. ;D ;D

Most modelers don't realize just how important cap shingles are on a model. They change the entire look of the model and as you say well worth the effort on the appearance of the finished model.

Well done.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

nextceo

Hey Vilius,

Awesome job on the front sign and the clap boards. You are a master at those 2 techniques. I also really like your roof. Did you use Marker or Paint on the strips of roofing material to get the neat variation in single color?

Thanks for sharing!
Alan

Vilius

Thank you, guys. I need to get some clamps for 1:1 scale project. I hope it isn't going to turn into addiction :)

I painted streaks of browns and grays on the sheets of roofing material.

Vilius

Dave K.

Nice looking structure...gonna have to check them out. Love your color scheme.

Vilius

Thank you, Dave.

I finished it finally over the long weekend. It had been sitting on a shelf for good couple of weeks nearly done. I actually messed up back porch roofing two times and had to re-do it. The moral of the story is. Even it says you can spray metal with Rust-Oleum paint, use automotive primer first.

Vilius

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Zephyrus52246

Nice work, Vilius.  I especially like the foundation.

Jeff

coors2u

Dustin

S&S RR

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on November 28, 2016, 03:57:00 PM
Nice work, Vilius.  I especially like the foundation.

Jeff

Vilius 

What Jeff said!  It is really nice to see a proper foundation on your model. Way to many structures make it on to layouts without foundations.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

sdrees

Steve Drees
SP RR

ACL1504

Beautiful job and great looking structure. All thumbs up here.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com