Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: Cuse on February 04, 2018, 07:16:12 AM
John,
This is another great build with excellent documentation. Thanks, I'm enjoying it!

John

John

Thanks for stopping by and the kind words.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Today, I spent most of the day working on my Yard Tower Challenge build but I also made some progress on the Locomotive Works.  The sheeting started going on the wall that will separate the inspection pits from the machine shop.
I also laid down a couple more inches of the wood flooring for the machine shop.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The chalk that is left on my workbench from the coloring of wood flooring is giving me a head start on coloring the wall.
John Siekirk

jerryrbeach

John,

Enjoying the stick built construction of the wall, and the floor is looking more like the prototype than a model.  Great modeling!
Jerry

S&S RR

Quote from: jerryrbeach on February 05, 2018, 07:06:59 AM
John,

Enjoying the stick built construction of the wall, and the floor is looking more like the prototype than a model.  Great modeling!

Jerry

Thank you for stopping by the thread and your kind words.  I really love scratch building stick by stick. I have a number of project planed for the layout - the big problem with scratch building is that it take more time and I have a layout I would like to finish some day.
John Siekirk

MAP

Great progress John.  Wonderful details you're adding.  Thanks for the progress photos!
Mark

S&S RR

Quote from: MAP on February 06, 2018, 07:47:08 AM
Great progress John.  Wonderful details you're adding.  Thanks for the progress photos!

Mark

Thanks for following along.  I will add more progress photos tomorrow. Today, I finished the floor and started installing the overhead crane over the inspection pits.  Also, finished and weathered the wall which will be the next installation. I also decided to add a foreman's office with an engineering office upstairs in the front of the machine shop. I drew up a template and will begin construction, tomorrow.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I did take a picture of the finished wood floor on the machine shop side of the Locomotive Works.

John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Nice looking floor. Is the wooden wall you are building going to separate the floors?
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on February 06, 2018, 07:58:47 PM
Nice looking floor. Is the wooden wall you are building going to separate the floors?

Curt

Yes - the wall will be mounted to the wooden floor right at the seam.
John Siekirk

jerryrbeach

Jerry

S&S RR

Quote from: jerryrbeach on February 06, 2018, 08:23:48 PM
John,
Looks better with each photo you post.

Jerry

Thanks for following along - it's time to start adding the details so it should start changing rapidly.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I spent and hour on workbench organization, today.  You may have noticed I keep the detail castings and parts for each project in a plastic tray. They really help when you have multiple projects going but they were taking up a lot of workbench space.  So today I made a rack for them. It fits on the shelf above my detailing workbench.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

There is a slot for one more tray that is on backorder.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Also, made some progress on the Locomotive works, the foremen's office, wall, and overhead crane frame are installed.  the foremen's and engineering office is just a test fit.  I will detail it when I decide that it's a go.

John Siekirk