Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: jimmillho on September 20, 2018, 08:35:26 PM
Quote from: ACL1504 on September 20, 2018, 04:27:05 PM
John,

Wow, most excellent layout and room. Well done my friend, very well done.

Tom ;D

John,
I could not have said it any better

Someday I would love to get back up to Mi and see it in person.

Jim

Thank you for the kind words - repeated. ;) ;D ;D You are welcome anytime - please let me know if life brings you back this way.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Update: I haven't posted on this thread for a couple weeks - I was away from the layout for 10 days on a vacation. Today, I got back at it working on the Threadwells Build that has it's own build thread in the kit building category. I'm currently splitting by time between structure builds and scenery work and will post additional progress pictures here in the coming days.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John:

You do have one beautiful RR. I always enjoy your photos.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on October 03, 2018, 08:33:47 AM
Hey John:

You do have one beautiful RR. I always enjoy your photos.

Karl

Karl

Thank you for the kind words and for stopping by the thread.  I'm working hard to have some new areas to take pictures of.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: Most of my layout time for the past few weeks has been spent on the Threadwell's build and as of today the Delabarre Build which will share the same base board on the layout.  Here is a picture of the dry fitting process for the castings of the Delabarre Tool & Die.

The details for this diorama can be found in the Threadwell's Kit build thread.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

It looks like a fun kit to build. Great work so far on your other 2 projects.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Vietnam Seabee

John...I'll be anxious to follow your build of the Foundry...I have it on order as well but haven't rec'd it yet

Terry

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on October 10, 2018, 10:00:31 AM
It looks like a fun kit to build. Great work so far on your other 2 projects.

Curt

Thanks for following along. I have been posting my updates on the Threadwell's Thread, lately. I will be posting more regular updates on this thread as the projects progress.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Vietnam Seabee on October 10, 2018, 10:48:21 AM
John...I'll be anxious to follow your build of the Foundry...I have it on order as well but haven't rec'd it yet

Terry

Terry

Thanks for following along. This build is about number 10 on the list so it will be awhile before I get to it. I have an area of the layout that will be the town of Gallent where about 8 - 10 of Brent's kits will be located. At this point the kits are on the shelf and the design for the town is floating around in my brain. The town will be right at eye level on a plateau in the mountains where the viewer will be able to look down the street at eye level. I can't wait to get to it. All of the wonderful detail that Brett provides in the kits will be right where you can see it.
John Siekirk

Vietnam Seabee

Big smiley face...the town of Gallent seems an appropriate location for those 8-10 kits...I'm currently working on the Railroad Camp....is that one on your list to do?

Terry

bparrish

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

S&S RR

Quote from: Vietnam Seabee on October 11, 2018, 12:02:14 PM
Big smiley face...the town of Gallent seems an appropriate location for those 8-10 kits...I'm currently working on the Railroad Camp....is that one on your list to do?

Terry

Terry

I have the railroad camp and it's on the list, but have another place in mind for it on the other side of the layout.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk