Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: Janbouli on November 15, 2018, 05:51:01 PM
From you John , from you , the way he did that fantastic job on those stone walls , could only come from you.

I hope he keeps his interest in modeling and maybe learns something from me. Thank you for the kind words.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Dave K.

Those pictures of your gran'doodle are just priceless! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

S&S RR

Quote from: Dave K. on November 16, 2018, 06:31:29 AM
Those pictures of your gran'doodle are just priceless! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Thanks Dave
John Siekirk

MAP

Definitely great idea getting your grandson involved in the hobby!  It looks like he's a natural at stonework.
Mark

S&S RR

Quote from: MAP on November 16, 2018, 09:20:21 AM
Definitely great idea getting your grandson involved in the hobby!  It looks like he's a natural at stonework.

Mark

Thanks for stopping by and yes I'm enjoying sharing the hobby with my Grandson.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I sprayed the two stone shed with fixative today.  The one on the left was painted while I was doing the walls for the Threadwells build and the one on the right is the one my Grandson painted with four different shade of Rembrandt chalks.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

This weekend we had a family party for Thanksgiving and the trains were running for hours on the S&S  RR. I got to see the layout running with multiple trains at the same time for the first time - I few track changes were added to the list but it ran pretty well.  I also developed an initial plan for the expansion. :o ;)
John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

In addition to a lot of detail work on my Threadwell build (see the Threadwell Build Thread), I also made some progress on the finishing work on the Locomotive Works.  I started hanging the doors on the front. In addition to the other doors, I will be adding some signs similar to what I did for the Stone Roundhouse.

John Siekirk

CVSNE

John,

Not much to say other than the structures - and the entire layout - are looking great.
Enjoying following along and thanks for sharing!

Marty

Marty McGuirk
Manassas, VA

S&S RR

Quote from: CVSNE on November 28, 2018, 07:56:05 AM
John,

Not much to say other than the structures - and the entire layout - are looking great.
Enjoying following along and thanks for sharing!

Marty

Marty

Thank you for following along and the kind words.
John Siekirk

Jerry

God you look so young in that picture!  Than I realized it was your grandson!! :)

I hope he taught you something new?  Great job John with the grandson!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on November 28, 2018, 11:41:33 AM
God you look so young in that picture!  Than I realized it was your grandson!! :)

I hope he taught you something new?  Great job John with the grandson!

Jerry

Jerry

I'm learning youthful enthusiasm from him for one thing.  It's so wonderful to be around. So much fun!
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

This weekend I got final approval for the expansion of the S&S RR form the CFO. I want to reclaim the area in my workshop that currently contains the reversing loop. The new area will start with a reversing loop and a large yard and roundhouse facilities.

This will give me a place to store all the locomotives and rolling stock in a safe place while I work on the rest of the layout. It will also make it easy to run the trains on a moments notice when the Grandkids are visiting. I will post a new layout diagram when the design is complete. Construction will begin when it's warm enough to cut wood in the garage. I love railroad expansions.

John Siekirk