Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 2) Started 2/25/17

Started by S&S RR, February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Next step, is to fix the items on my list and run longer trains.  Then it will be time to get out all those steam locomotives. I also need to finish the HOn3 track work to get the track work complete check mark.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

PRR Modeler

Excellent job on the trestle bridge.  If I remember right you had to adjust the track on the one side of the bridge. If you have a picture of that completed area can you post it?
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Janbouli

Wow , that first picture, the trees the bridge , if I only look at the right side of the photo , I would say it's the real thing.
I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on April 27, 2017, 05:35:32 PM
Excellent job on the trestle bridge.  If I remember right you had to adjust the track on the one side of the bridge. If you have a picture of that completed area can you post it?

Curt

I will post pictures when I make the changes.  It is on my list but only needed for the big steam locomotives so I haven't made it a priority, yet. Thanks for stopping by the thread.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Janbouli on April 27, 2017, 06:21:55 PM
Wow , that first picture, the trees the bridge , if I only look at the right side of the photo , I would say it's the real thing.

Jan

Thanks for the kind words.  I hope to someday achieve that affect on the whole layout.  In about a month I hope to be back in structure building mode, along with working on the scenery.  Working on the scenery makes me feel like I'm making improvements quicker.
John Siekirk

Janbouli

Quote from: S&S RR on April 27, 2017, 07:32:50 PM

Jan

Thanks for the kind words.  I hope to someday achieve that affect on the whole layout.  In about a month I hope to be back in structure building mode, along with working on the scenery.  Working on the scenery makes me feel like I'm making improvements quicker.

Ooops , of course I meant the left side which would have been the right side to look at  ;)
I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

Quote from: Janbouli on April 28, 2017, 03:07:23 AM
Quote from: S&S RR on April 27, 2017, 07:32:50 PM

Jan

Ooops , of course I meant the left side which would have been the right side to look at  ;)

Jan

I knew what you meant - great minds think alike. ;)
John Siekirk

sdrees

Hi John,

The pictures are great.  There must have been a lot of blasting of rock by the railroad to get the track laid through the mountains.  Looking very nice.

Steve Drees
SP RR

S&S RR

Quote from: sdrees on April 28, 2017, 03:29:29 PM
Hi John,

The pictures are great.  There must have been a lot of blasting of rock by the railroad to get the track laid through the mountains.  Looking very nice.

Hi Steve

Yes - we exceeded our dynamite budget.
John Siekirk

GPdemayo

Oh boy.....Tom's burning things down, you're blowing things up.....I must be doing something wrong?  :o :-\ ???
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Quote from: GPdemayo on April 29, 2017, 09:55:07 AM
Oh boy.....Tom's burning things down, you're blowing things up.....I must be doing something wrong?  :o :-\ ???

Greg

There is no right or wrong it's your railroad. ;D
John Siekirk

S&S RR

The last loop of the helix up to the HOn3 mainline is cut, glued, and clamped in place.

;D
http://modelersforum.com/gallery/18-290417100652.jpeg

John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on April 29, 2017, 11:55:05 AM
It looks great! I can't wait to see it in action.

Curt

Thanks - I hope to run the first HOn3 train in the next couple of weeks.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I have been doing mostly design work the past couple of days on the S&S RR. In the next few weeks I will be completing the track work and switching into structure building mode.  My time for the next few years will be split about 75% on structures and 25% on scenery and layout track and electronic improvements.  I need to electrify all of the turnout frogs, add electronic controls to all the turnouts, and continue to make improvements to track work.
John Siekirk